Audit by CRA just about over

An audit of my businesses  by Canada Revenue Agency that started in June 2011 appears to be nearing its completion. I was "chosen" because of my Ebay powerseller status but when the auditor got here he found that I do more than just Ebay ( Taxi Business, Ebay, mail order,  antique malls). Today he arrived with questions about expenses and I was able to match paper bills/invoices for all my expenses entries that he questioned so he did not find any changes to be made in expenses. He had determined that the sales figures that I reported were valid and accurate. It appears that there will be no changes to the tax returns I submitted for the years audited ( 2008 & 2009).

If the reader of this is lucky enought to be chosen to be audited be aware that the auditor will have Ebay sales data and Paypal data on his/her laptop. The auditor that I got had made some effort to understand Ebay before he started, and for a bean counter he was not a bad type. If you have reported your income properly, and written off expenses properly, and have some sort of proof to support any expenses written off  an audit while not a fun experience is not the end of the world. My auditor spent 3 days here, but obviously had done a lot of work playing  with my records in his office.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Thanks for sharing that information with us.

🙂

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Congratulations Dennis!  Glad to read you're off the hook!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Pierre - Now I just have to worry about the high PSA results and the urologist  and his "fun" exam.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Close your eyes and think of England.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply