Bid on item, said ships worldwide. Then when I look on shipping information it says that seller does not ship to On, Ca where I live.

aab64
Community Member

What happens if I win Bid, what will happen then ?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Bid on item, said ships worldwide. Then when I look on shipping information it says that seller does not ship to On, Ca where I live.

Really? He will not ship to Ontario? That has to be in the description, because the eBay restrictions don't hit anything smaller than nations.

What will happen? Probably he will try to reject you as an "unwanted bidder". He may even win.

Move on.

This will not end well.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I encountered this situation a few times when I was new to Ebay.  I simply sent the seller a message explaining my error and apologising for not reading the shipping details more closely.

I also added that I would pay any additional shipping costs associated with  shipping to Canada if that would assist them.

In every case, the seller was more than happy to accomodate me and ship the item to me even though it was not their policy to ship to Canada.

If they did not want to ship to me, I felt that at least I had owned up to the error right away, and they could ignore my bid or reject it.  

I don't think EBay would take any action give that it was an honest mistake.

Best of luck!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply