Buyer protection is a lie

I recently bought a $600 laptop on eBay thinking this was a safe place to shop, I eagerly watch the tracking of the item until yesterday when I get an email update saying the product has been delivered... I wasn't home and neither was anybody else so I thought that was a bit strange. I get home a few hours later and there is no package. I find out that the seller didn't request a signature upon delivery so the mail man must have just left it on the porch or something. I live in a pretty heavily trafficked area... Im sure somebody must have noticed a large brown box sitting on my porch in the several hours it took me to get home. So I contact the seller, try to resolve with him for some time before filing a claim with paypal expecting that they will refund my money since I have paid for goods and yet received nothing. The response I get was this

"

Seller's Transaction ID: 1E7212112U4503044

Transaction Date: Aug 23, 2014

Transaction Amount: -$601.00 USD

Your Transaction ID: 9PK16114YD367371Y

Case Number: PP-003-382-006-592

Buyer's Transaction ID: 9PK16114YD367371Y

In response to your claim, the seller has provided proof of shipment indicating that the item was shipped to you. Because the seller was able to provide proof of shipment, we cannot reverse this transaction or issue a refund. We encourage you to continue to work directly with the seller to amicably resolve this matter.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

@ada.shiel wrote:

I recently bought a $600 laptop on eBay thinking this was a safe place to shop, I eagerly watch the tracking of the item until yesterday when I get an email update saying the product has been delivered... I wasn't home and neither was anybody else so I thought that was a bit strange. I get home a few hours later and there is no package. I find out that the seller didn't request a signature upon delivery so the mail man must have just left it on the porch or something. I live in a pretty heavily trafficked area... Im sure somebody must have noticed a large brown box sitting on my porch in the several hours it took me to get home. So I contact the seller, try to resolve with him for some time before filing a claim with paypal expecting that they will refund my money since I have paid for goods and yet received nothing. The response I get was this

"

In response to your claim, the seller has provided proof of shipment indicating that the item was shipped to you. Because the seller was able to provide proof of shipment, we cannot reverse this transaction or issue a refund. We encourage you to continue to work directly with the seller to amicably resolve this matter.

Since when is proof of Shipment enough on its own. Was this an International purchase? If so, how was it sent? Does not sound like it was sent by Canada Post unless it was GSP from USA. Was there paperwork? Canada post would require you to pick-up and pay Import /Customs / Taxes. They would not have let a $600.00 item get through without payment!

imageelf
Message 21 of 22
latest reply

@ada.shiel wrote:

"

What does it mean, you watch the tracking but trust an email? Did the Tracking show delivered too? Where was the item coming from? Who was the carrier for delivery. This all smells fishy. Have you contacted the carrier (Postal or Courier) to report the lax delivery /theft of your parcel as was already suggested? As I stated before the only service that I know of that would not be after you for Customs charges is the Global Shipping Program from the USA.

imageelf
Message 22 of 22
latest reply