Buyer won item, paid, we mutually agree to cancel. What is the easiest way to do this?

I had not yet shipped. Do I refund then request a cancel or the other way around to avoid a defect. This is on my seller account not this one.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Buyer won item, paid, we mutually agree to cancel. What is the easiest way to do this?

The process of cancelling a transaction already paid is outlined here:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html

To cancel a transaction
  1. Go to My eBay > Sold and locate the item.

2. In the More actions drop-down menu, select Cancel this order.

3. Choose a reason for the cancellation and follow the on-screen instructions.

We let the buyer know that you've canceled the transaction. If the buyer has already paid for the item, refund the buyer.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: Buyer won item, paid, we mutually agree to cancel. What is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks Pierre

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You will get a defect count regardless.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@sunshynecraftsbeads wrote:

You will get a defect count regardless.

Not true, you will receive no defect, so long as you select the correct reason "The buyer asked to cancel the order or there's an issue with the buyers address"

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You may want to double check this with ebay. I cancelled 4 last month with the correct reasons. All with the reasons listed by ebay only to have 4 defects last month for cancelled transactions? This may need to be addressed. There are several write ups about this on the message boards. Search defects

Message 6 of 6
latest reply