CP insurance claims

brcyclesalvage
Community Member
Oh how I hate them! I've never had a problem in the last 6 months with a claim. Now they wait a phone # as well and will only insure for my cost of the item. When did they start that? I've never given them a phone # for my bidders. Most of the time I only give them a name and a zip. If I pay for delivery conf and the parcel never gets scanned should I not be compensated? They seem to think that if they call the bidder and the person says it was delivered then no claim is valid. This still leaves me open to charge backs etc. I never buy insurance, I self insure but since Expedited and Express Post USA come with it I do use it sometimes.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

CP insurance claims

jaymor8
Community Member
slavage - yep, I fell for that one too, once. I always ship Xpresspost when insurance is requested because it is included. So, being a shipper of small jewelry items, I ship in small envelopes. They told me that shipping XP had $100 ins. included no matter what. That was fine until I needed to make a claim. Turns out that the one thing they failed to explain to me was if you send it LE (letter xpress) the contents cannot be insured. It would have to go CE (package xpress) to hold the ins. They never told me that so I just let them do what they thought was right.

My loss was for $100 US on a bracelet that just disappeared into thin air. I refunded my buyer out of my pocket and tried to make the claim. The told me I wasn't covered and sent me a cheque for $8.50...the cost of the stupid envelope.

Don't get me going on CP. I was so infuriated by that situation, that it almost makes me ill every week having to go back there because I have no other choice...at least not within my price range. I feel for ya..believe you me! And, lets not forget that CP does NOT cover for damage to breakable items...or so I was told!

Jackie...
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

CP insurance claims

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Few tips dealing with Canada Post . I learned some of this from red_deer

You have to be persitant with CP . A phone # is not required , ask them to fax you the insurance terms on the CP site that states you have to have the # of the customer . It does not exsist

Second ...your cost??? ..Whom determines your cost ?? You do!!!!!....storage....time ....packing ....listing fee's.....

It's amazing how many of my items (cost) is exactly the same as my closing auction price ....

When they ask for proof ..I print the auction and fax it too them. I then tell them ebay is an auction site !!
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

CP insurance claims

brcyclesalvage
Community Member
I know I'll end up getting it sorted out but it is a real pain. I'm going to give them a bill for the original cost of the item, $400. We'll see which cost they want to insure for in the end.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply