Can anybody help ..

Hi..

At the begining of this month , I sold auction style 2 coins to one of the buyers , I offer free shiping , shiping was by standard letter mail , as per description . Buyer claiming that he did not received items . My receipt clearly state the buyer zip code , time and date , that the letter was sent to . Buyer did not file dispute claim yet , but keep asking me if I sent his coins , my reply was sent to him . Any idea on how to go about this .?

Thank You...

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Can anybody help ..

While, I regard coins as a high risk category, it is possible that the packet has not yet arrived.

Try to push the buyer to wait until 30 (or even 40 days have passed). Longer waits lead to suspicion and poor feedback. Do NOT try to push the buyer past the 45 day deadline. That’s just dishonest- and if he backs his PP account with a credit card it won’t work anyway.

Basically, since you are using letter rate shipping, I am guessing that the coins are not particularly valuable. Plan to eat the loss. Sorry.

Encourage the buyer to hold off. Tell him you will refund in full if the packet has not arrived by Day 30 (or 40). The day before that, email again about arrival. If it has not arrived, refund. Danm.  Ask the buyer to refund the refund when the coins arrive. In my experience, most will refund at least the selling price. Your mileage may differ.

And do not in future spell out that you are using a non-insured, non-tracked service. You can call the service “Standard” and ship however you want. (This doesn’t work if you use Calculated Shipping, but CS doesn’t make room for letter rate anyway.)

Also, in future, add a few cents to the shipping cost for a self-insurance premium. Actual losses are very rare in most categories, but if you lose one $10 item in 100 (a very high rate) then a dime on each sale covers your costs. If your losses are one in 1000 (still pretty high) you make money on self-insuring.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Can anybody help ..

This will sound a bit rude, but I looked at one of your listings and noticed two spelling errors in the sole sentence of the description.

Please use spell check. Scammers are more likely to target those that they think are dumb, and spelling errors make you look stupid and/or careless.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Can anybody help ..

Yes , give buyer a firm date for refund if undelivered. Have no protection from a PP claim but hopefully can avoid negative feedback and a hit on DSRs.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Can anybody help ..

While, I regard coins as a high risk category, it is possible that the packet has not yet arrived.

Try to push the buyer to wait until 30 (or even 40 days have passed). Longer waits lead to suspicion and poor feedback. Do NOT try to push the buyer past the 45 day deadline. That’s just dishonest- and if he backs his PP account with a credit card it won’t work anyway.

Basically, since you are using letter rate shipping, I am guessing that the coins are not particularly valuable. Plan to eat the loss. Sorry.

Encourage the buyer to hold off. Tell him you will refund in full if the packet has not arrived by Day 30 (or 40). The day before that, email again about arrival. If it has not arrived, refund. Danm.  Ask the buyer to refund the refund when the coins arrive. In my experience, most will refund at least the selling price. Your mileage may differ.

And do not in future spell out that you are using a non-insured, non-tracked service. You can call the service “Standard” and ship however you want. (This doesn’t work if you use Calculated Shipping, but CS doesn’t make room for letter rate anyway.)

Also, in future, add a few cents to the shipping cost for a self-insurance premium. Actual losses are very rare in most categories, but if you lose one $10 item in 100 (a very high rate) then a dime on each sale covers your costs. If your losses are one in 1000 (still pretty high) you make money on self-insuring.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Can anybody help ..

This will sound a bit rude, but I looked at one of your listings and noticed two spelling errors in the sole sentence of the description.

Please use spell check. Scammers are more likely to target those that they think are dumb, and spelling errors make you look stupid and/or careless.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Can anybody help ..

Yes , give buyer a firm date for refund if undelivered. Have no protection from a PP claim but hopefully can avoid negative feedback and a hit on DSRs.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply