Can someone who accused me of selling a fake item but lost the claim thru paypal leave feedback?

I had a buyer purchase a Lululemon hoodie off of me who said it was fake and then filed an Item not as Described claim.  I easily won the claim since the first thing she said was that the tags inside don't match her other Lululemon tags when my listing clearly stated that the tags are missing and to please check dimensions carefully before listing.  Pretty hard to win a claim that the tags don't match when mine didn't have tags to begin with.  She also pulled the same stunt with the 2 previous purchases from different sellers I found out later.

Anyways, is it possible for her to leave negative feedback now even after losing the claim that she filed?  I've spent an hour searching high and low on the forums here and in the support part and can't find anything related to my situation.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can someone who accused me of selling a fake item but lost the claim thru paypal leave feedback?

leb17
Community Member

Hi silentbob76ca

In short ...Sorry...the buyer can leave feedback (negative, positive, neutral).

Since sellers are not allowed to leave a negative feedback AND the best feedback is to leave a calm and factual one. (No positive feedback with a negative responce)..the buyer can have it removed.

Although you can respond to the buyer feedback with a calm and factual response.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Can someone who accused me of selling a fake item but lost the claim thru paypal leave feedback?

leb17
Community Member

Hi silentbob76ca

In short ...Sorry...the buyer can leave feedback (negative, positive, neutral).

Since sellers are not allowed to leave a negative feedback AND the best feedback is to leave a calm and factual one. (No positive feedback with a negative responce)..the buyer can have it removed.

Although you can respond to the buyer feedback with a calm and factual response.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Ok thanks for the help.  Kinda dumb that someone can lose a claim and still be able to give you negative feedback that you sell fake merchandise and effictively ruin your reputation when its untrue.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

amjoda
Community Member

unfortunately ebay cares more about the buyers than the sellers. sure, money. It's too bad because without sellers ebay wouldn't have buyers.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I would call and darn well try to have it removed..

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
Definitely ask eBay to remove the feedback. If eBay won't remove the feedback,you can respond to the feedback and while responses should be calm and factual there is no need for them to be factual.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I hope you've added her to your blocked bidders list.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply