Canada Post Online Shipping Help

goaliemitch
Community Member
I started using Electronic Shipping Tools this week. I have a few questions for any users who have streamlined their mailing process. I have read the past threads and picked up a few good tips already.

1. Do you use the Desktop or Online version? Can't seem to figure out the desktop software but the online one is self-explanatory.

2. How do you get your customer's data into the Canada Post program? I am cutting and pasting the buyer's information from Seller's Assistant Pro (which automatically gets it from eBay when paid by Paypal). Is there a way of linking this data or a cut and paste software that allows you to select an address and paste it one line at a time?

3. Do you use a manifest at all? Would it be easier or save any time?

4. How does your physical layout or system work? I can't print postage until the item is packed since each item is different. I pack, weigh and measure in our packaging room. I cut out the customer address from the Paypal invoice or their correspondence and stick it on the parcel along with our return address. I then cover these labels with the "labelope" (clear adhesive pouch for folded 8 1/2 x 11 paper). I stick the remaining Paypal invoice which I wrote the measurements and weight on into the pouch and bring the tub of parcels to our computer station in another room. The addresses are then typed or cut & pasted into EST and three copies are printed out. Then it is off to another room where the networked laser printer is to make sure they printed properly and retrieve them. I would like to print them all at once and then retrieve them, but how is Canada Post with refunds of postage for labels that didn't print in cases of paper jams, etc.?

5. Who do you call for help? We have spent over two days on hold and being transferred to different Canada Post reps who still couldn't solve our problems. Mainly, my account was originally set up a year ago to ship to USA so we do not have any domestic mail options in our Service Type drop down box. We can ship anywhere in the world but not Canada. I signed up online for the Powerseller discount program because no one was able to help over the phone. Now I am waiting the 10 days for their "acknowledgement email." Tech support tells me that any business rep should be able to push a button and change or add to our service options. Reps tell me that I have to wait for the "email."

6. Why do you need the customer's phone number for Expedited USA shipments? It keeps prompting for it when we select COMMERCIAL Expedited USA service. It does not require it for Small Packet USA. We have to request the users contact information through eBay to get the buyer's phone number. It adds a few unnecsessary steps to completing the online form. We've never put the customer's phone number on over the counter forms that we filled out and the packages were delivered.

The reason we are using this program is to conceal our postage costs and save some time at the post office. I am tired of bidders complaining or haggling over a couple of dollars on fixed rate shipping. I really think this postage system will work but I just need to get pointed in the right direction.

Bob
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Canada Post Online Shipping Help

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Call me Bob 604 853 0424

I can help you out

Read this post
http://forums.ebay.ca/thread.jsp?forum=43&thread=100000955&modifed=20031105213355

Truthfully ~~ if you are doing volume each day a writen manifest is faster . Also thier are no hidden brokerage fees with a writen Manifest

Please take 2 minutes to call me
Todd
Message 2 of 2
latest reply