Do 3rd party templates hurt or help search standings

With all the discussions in regards to search and the criteria to boost position in search, has anyone given any though to whether 3rd party templates help or hinder search. That is usually only 1 picture with the rest in the template, a much busier description with probably a lot of useless information, harder to view on mobile devices, etc.

Is a clean turbo lister better with multiple pictures, brief description with facts only than a template from say Ink Frog, Auctiva, etc

Would the template make the listings look somewhat like duplicates if you sell similar items.

Just an interesting topic for discussion and I would welcome any ones input or opinions.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Do 3rd party templates hurt or help search standings

The templates you use should make no difference to your placement in search.  Many sellers, including myself, use only one specific template for all of their listings.  If eBay thought they were duplicates, at least with FP, they would remove them.

I have one gallery photo but some listings have several in the template.  When I launch them from SSB I have the option to add 11 additional ones to the gallery photos.  As long as they are the right size they should be able to be seen on mobile devices.

I think eBay would like us to have short descriptions for the mobiles because those buyers probably don't read the entire description anyway.  Many buyers don't read the description when they are on their computers.  I like to have lots of content in my listings because it can be picked up by search engines.  I think I remember reading that the new SE that eBay is using will also pick up information from the description, and not just the title, for searches. 

Also we are rated by buyers for our descriptions so I give them as much information as I can.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply