Ebay's 24 Hour Payment Reminders

Hmm...the highlighted portion is new is it not?

"Thanks for your recent purchase on eBay! Please remember to pay for your item so that the seller can ship it to you as soon as possible.

Note: If you've already made payment arrangements with your seller, you can disregard this reminder with our thanks.

Thanks again for shopping on eBay!"
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Dunno but we will soon get the option of opting out of this stupid eBay generated reminder.

Bernie
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
AMEN, BERNIE!

I'm tired of eBay sending messages that I DO NOT authorize!

It also doesn't make me happy that they send a request for payment to my customers who buy ONLY one item! Rare, but does happen! Because I always adjust the shipping I want to be the person sending the e-mails to my customers!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Hi Susan,

I think when buyers receive this message they think they have to pay instantly and this causes more of them to pay for purchases separately. We all know what a pain it is to constantly have to send refunds (not to mention having to pay the extra PP fees).

I don't like eBay bugging my customers for payment either.

Judy

How are your sales going?
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi Judy,

Sales are GREAT! 😄

I don't have any sales running at the moment because I needed to slow things down for a bit so that I could tend to my Dad's Estate and the four homes that are finally listed there in Virginia Beach.

I had originally sent out over 5000 e-mails to all of my buyers that I've had over the past 10 years. The response has been unbelievable! Thank goodness for Blackthorne as it takes minutes to do! My buyers are not happy that I'm closing, but they do understand and have written such lovely notes! I will miss them....but the time that I will have with my children is what I'm looking forward to!

I put everything that was $1.25 and up on sale at 25 cents off. Lordy! IT WENT OVER BIG! 25 CENTS!

And, what I've not been selling here...I've been selling from my loft online with no fees....even better!

My stock is dwindling, but I still have lots to go! And, with all of the suggestions from here and on the US list I have more things to do to keep the momentum going. But...need a few days to catch up with myself and just have a normal volume of sales!

I've been selling about $1500 to $2000 a week in both places and believe me....at about $1.00 and/or $1.25 an item.....that's a lot of items that have gone out the door! YEAH!

Here's to all being gonE, goNE, gONE, GONE!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

You may do so well going out of business that you'll have to start up again.;-)
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I'm finding that the end-of-listing emails are causing the most problem - many of my customers buy multiple pieces.

I have been refunding shipping overpayments like crazy.

I know I can edit that email and I'll get around to it as soon as I clear the other 9,845 critical items off my desk.:-D
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Only 9,845? Piece of cake!...:^O

Glad to hear your sales are going so well Susan! You must be working day and night to get that many out. Hopefully the sales you get without the fees will boost your overall profit margin in the process. You might as well make some money for your efforts.

You may do so well going out of business that you'll have to start up again.;)

It wouldn't be the first time that happened. Just look at all of the stores that have a "going out of business sale"...year after year after year...lol.
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
You may do so well going out of business that you'll have to start up again.;-)

Hi surplusdealdude,

NO! NO! NO! My eBay store is definitely closing!

This is one of the reasons why I am closing! This is our youngest daughter, Emi, who just turned 8 years old and is about the size of a 4 - 5 year old. She's in advanced figure skating and between Emi and her twin sisters, Kaitlyn & MacKenzie, who will be 13 in June and also in figure skating....but in a lower level...they keep me busy! We're looking for a more relaxed pace of life and for me to have the opportunity to just be a mom!

I might sell the odd thing or two on eBay from time to time, but it's time for a change!

All of the above photos are from the Melfort Skating Carnival's group numbers. The Michael Jackson one had to be my favorite from the start! Emi skates with the senior skaters who tower above her so that in itself was hilarious! She comes up to most of the girls' waists! The older girls all know who Michael Jackson is and his style. However, Emi did not have a clue so we spent many hours watching videos so that she could get it! And, get it she did! Mind you along the way during each practice she would bring things to a halt laughing so hard at some of HIS movements! Thankfully she held it together during the performance that was given to the city the end of March.

Our twins skated in one group number and did fabulous as well! They skated with the Advanced CanSkate group and now are officially in figure skating.

This coming year will be busier than last year with skating as Emi will be on the ice 4 days a week minimum and Kaitlyn & MacKenzie will be practicing 3 days a week. We don't live in town so it's not possible for me to drop them off, go home, and then go back again to pick them up!

I'm looking forward to spending more time with our girls...skating, scrapbooking, cooking and traveling. It will be a big change for us...but a good one!

I will miss my store, the customers and of course this PS list! But...our girls are our miracles who joined our family through international adoption from China and they are growing up so fast! Who knows....I might be back when they are all in university!

So...NO, NO, NO....I won't be starting up again!
Cross my heart!

Have a good one!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

"You may do so well going out of business that you'll have to start up again"

:-)

I have been running my "retirement sale" for quite a while. Should be done by 2020. 😉
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

LOL Pierre.

Remember The Who.? They seem to have a Farewell Concert Tour every year since the 80's.
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

The payment reminders are an affront to our customers, especially the repeat ones.

The end of auction mails you can control. Actually, Pierre's suggestion of "Do not pay right now" works great. We have gone from about 6 refunds per day to about 2.

Also, we have had 2 buyers email so far that they liked the message and it has caused them to continue looking. Those are only the ones that responded, so I imagine that many others are following suit.

Thanks again Pierre!

Bernie
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Awesome pictures Susan!!
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Awesome pictures Susan!!

Hi Judy,

Thanks!

Susan
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

LOL Pierre.

Remember The Who.? They seem to have a Farewell Concert Tour every year since the 80's.

Interesting, especially since 2 of the 4 have been dead for years.
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

That's dedication to your profession when you come back from the dead to perform!:-)
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
"You may do so well going out of business that you'll have to start up again"

:-)

I have been running my "retirement sale" for quite a while. Should be done by 2020. 😉

Hi Pierre,

No, no, no, no! My retirement sale will only be held one time!

*S*
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 17 of 17
latest reply