FREE* fixed price listings Dec 26 - Jan 6 (invite only)

40 REPLIES 40

tobyshitzu
Community Member

Im sure glad its 60,000 and not only 50,000

Message 2 of 41
latest reply

Finally got one.

Message 3 of 41
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is incredible as the free listings promo ended last night and here I am getting it another one.  I need it as I want to list some of my items at fixed-price auction.

Message 4 of 41
latest reply

I did not receive the invitation by email.

I did not receive the invitation through "my messages".

Yet, when I listed a few items at fixed price this morning they all received "free listing" and the promotion now appears in my Selling Manager:

Pay no insertion fees for up to 60,000 fixed price listings
Limit of 60,000 fixed price-style listings. All existing selling limits apply.
Start: 12/25/13 21:00:00 PST
End: 01/06/14 20:59:59 PST
Available at ebay.ca,cafr.ebay.ca
7 / 59993
Active

Pay no insertion fees for up to 60,000 fixed price listings
Limit of 60,000 fixed price-style listings. All existing selling limits apply.
Start: 12/26/13 00:00:00 PST
End: 01/06/14 23:59:59 PST
Available at ebay.com
0 / 60000
Active
Message 5 of 41
latest reply

Nuthin'.

I'll be out in the garden, eating worms.

Message 6 of 41
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

I did not receive the invitation by email.

I did not receive the invitation through "my messages".

Yet, when I listed a few items at fixed price this morning they all received "free listing" and the promotion now appears in my Selling Manager:

Like you, I received no email or eBay message about this, but the promotion showed up on my Summary page a couple of days ago. 

Well, now all I have to do is find 60,000 items to list...Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 41
latest reply

"find 60,000 items to list."

You do not need that many.

I list for three days, then relist for three days, then relist again for three more days, then 30 days.

Message 8 of 41
latest reply

I received the most recent auction promo and this latest fixed price promo.

Everything showed up under Promotional Offers on my Selling Manager Pro Summary page...

No email was received.

and if I keep getting the promotional offers.... Perhaps  I should be ready for the next one....

Message 9 of 41
latest reply

I received the promo email in my personal email account on the 25th...

I just now received the same promo message in my eBay messages box.....

Message 10 of 41
latest reply

The eBay message I received on the promo has a small misprint in it saying Dec 26 to Jan 2.  I was confused when I got the eBay message late in the first day of the promo. The balance of the message says end date of Jan 6. My eBay entry in Listing Promotions show the end date as Jan 6. The correct end date is Jan 6.

The error is in the top right of the eBay message I received. I hope no one gets confused by this. Here is a copy of the incorrect text.

FREE* fixed price listings Dec 26 - Jan 2.

Message 11 of 41
latest reply

Am I the only one wondering if it pays to have a Store subscription any longer?

I baby several ids and have one store.  

With all the free listings I'm not sure I'm ahead with that subscription any longer.

Message 12 of 41
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"find 60,000 items to list."

You do not need that many.

I list for three days, then relist for three days, then relist again for three more days, then 30 days.

I'm wondering what the advantage is to doing this, as opposed to listing just once for 30 days?  Is it on the assumption that a 'renewed'/relisted item will get better attention in search results?  Or just to use up some free listing availability so that one will get invited the next time -- if that is actually a factor.  I'm not even sure how or why I was invited this time. 

Message 13 of 41
latest reply

New listings and ending soon listings do seem to get more visibility even if they are fixed price.

Message 14 of 41
latest reply

"what the advantage is to doing this"

Thank you PJ for answering the question.  We were in Toronto today visiting our grandchildren and just returned.

Having three listings ending within a ten day period means a lot more visibility for the item.  It may not be easy to measure but I know from experience that it works: more viewers - leading to more buyers!

Message 15 of 41
latest reply

While re-listing every week certainly gets more views, I just want to say that re-listing constantly is not good for all items.  

When One of a Kind (OOAK) items are re-listed every week it gives the appearance that those items are not desirable even though some are great pieces at great prices.

The best items are snapped up in minutes, and when items do the rounds time and time again collectors know that others have passed ............... time and time again.

I see great items doing the rounds unsold time and time again for no good reason other than over-exposure.

Message 16 of 41
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

New listings and ending soon listings do seem to get more visibility even if they are fixed price.

Buyer search habits may also come into play beside the eBay apparent visibility boost at the start and end of a listing. An experienced buyer looking for an item might start with a Best Match search, then switch to Newly listed to see if there was something new to buy before someone else sees it and then switch to Ending Soonest to see if there is something they might have missed that is ending.

If you ran 10 FP 3 days instead of 1 FP 30 days, I think you would increase the visibility. Of course that is not practical if you have to pay for insertion fees, but using a multi day promo to squeeze as many start and ends as you can optimizes the visibility and potentially a sale.

A couple of years ago, I used eBay Listing Analytics to follow about 50 of my listings. I made screen shot of the monthly graph of listing views of the FP 7, 10 and 30 day listings I had running (no GTC).  There was an increase in views in the beginning and end of the listing with a low period through 80% of the middle compared to the start and end.  I could never decide if the start and end higher views was caused by eBay boosts or being found by buyers searching using Newly Listed or Ending Soonest.  My feeling was that a significant number of extra views were because of buyers searching by Newly Listed and Ending Soonest.

One thing I did notice was if the item had a quantity of more than one and one sold, the views jumped up and stayed higher for the rest of the duration of that listing. eBay did definitely boost visibility of that listing that sold. Sell another item and even higher views for the rest of that duration.

Message 17 of 41
latest reply

@i*m-still-here wrote:

While re-listing every week certainly gets more views, I just want to say that re-listing constantly is not good for all items.  

When One of a Kind (OOAK) items are re-listed every week it gives the appearance that those items are not desirable even though some are great pieces at great prices.

The best items are snapped up in minutes, and when items do the rounds time and time again collectors know that others have passed ............... time and time again.

I see great items doing the rounds unsold time and time again for no good reason other than over-exposure.

I understand what you are saying and somewhat agree but the previous references are about short term promotions so if you have a one of a kind item and relist it 2 x 5 days, I don't think that it looks any less desirable than 1 -10 day listing.

But on a long term basis...are you suggesting that if an item is listed two or three times for 30 days and it hasn't sold, it is better to not list the item for a while?  I can see wanting to do that if there are only a limited amount of potential buyers but for many items limiting the length of time it is listed can minimize the number of potential buyers that see the item.

To be honest, I worry more that after about 6 months or so, ebay is the one who sees my item as not 'desirable' and limits the amount of views. For that reason, I often end a listing...redo the title and working and sometimes even retake the pictures and then list it again.

Message 18 of 41
latest reply

One thing I did notice was if the item had a quantity of more than one and one sold, the views jumped up and stayed higher for the rest of the duration of that listing. eBay did definitely boost visibility of that listing that sold. Sell another item and even higher views for the rest of that duration.

That absolutely does seem to increase views as well as sales. I hadn't been using GTC listings for the last year or so but I am starting to use them again for multi quantity listings. It does help to increase sales.

Message 19 of 41
latest reply

I don't know about things like stamps, books, and/or items that compete because of quantity.  That is, selling items for which one has to compete for views is one way of selling.

Selling items which are OOAK is much different.

I've noticed people listing the same items over and  over as suggested above.

That kind of listing devalues OOAK items.

Most people doing searches for this stuff are regulars and they notice, but it might work when selling to new buyers.

Just sayin' that it can really cheapen an item for collectors doing regular searches and Iv'e noticed that it's becoming a very common practice.

I agree: One thing all items have items is listing via Good Till Cancelled.  That way of listing might be easy but it's the Kiss of Death regardless if your competing fin terms quantity or quality.

Message 20 of 41
latest reply