GETTING BULLIED BY LARGE COMPANY'S WHO ARE OUT FOR BLOOD

ameroindustries
Community Member
Today i come home to find that Tippmann LLC has claimed that some of my guns are counterfit (which 2 were taken down) after a 25% seller restriction and limited account (which are now removed) its on the verge of getting me banned for good !

They had called me the other day (Yesterday) and called me scum and a very selfish person for putting outta buissness and hurting other online paintball companies in canada . I said to them "who do i wanna please 3000+ Happy customers and give them a killer deal on something otherwise most of them cant afford(on ebay and off ebay) Or those 4-5 paintball companies that are hurting or going outta business .

After calling me names for a min or 2 and implying i was the devil i then informed him to tell his minion paintball dealears (who reported me) to find another product to hussle cause i will double my sales of tippmann product and sell just to lose money if i have to 😄

Which caused him to hang up on me :S But guess he came back with a vengance SO round 1 to Tippmann 😄

So looks like i may not make the night hopefully i will but could be banned for such a STUPID Reason .

I will not be bullied by large companies telling me what to sell to the consumer at .

Thought we lived in a Free Market ! Guess they win this battle have pulled all my tippmann listings ! But ill win round 2 with the website 😄

I wont join the Paintball Mafia LOL
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Tippman should know if you sell their products or not if you are buying directly from them, right? If you are buying through another wholesaler who sells their products, this should be perfectly traceable to the source of a supply chain. Because you have such low prices, I doubt your chain is too long.

Yes, they will bully you, because you are underselling other dealers and effectively lowering market value of their product.

The other day someone told me how big companies bully smaller targets - deep pocket bully recognizes a "credible threat" (meaning you). Bully files a (frivolous) lawsuit (patent, trademark, etc etc) and throws enough paperwork on the target to keep them busy and distracted from core business. After few mills spent in legal fees there is a settlement, but the target already lost momentum.

I was suprised when I heard this. But apparently happens every day.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Many companies also have you sign legal documents regarding the minimum prices you agree to sell their items for and in some cases even where you're allowed to sell the items. A lot don't like eBay.

It's their name, their product and they're allowed to say who can sell it, where, and for how much.

You have to watch who your suppliers are and what their terms are.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
Tippmann is b.s they were trying to make me sign a contract and make me pay 35.00 more per gun on the x-7 w/egrip then i already pay .

Really silly game they play call me Unfair and Heartless mean to other dealers . Hummm Wonder why they started there new line of tippmann guns in china who is a heartless dog now . Ugg they piss me off .

Ill start mass listing there products again on ebay in 3 months once all my violations are cleaned up again combine that with my website im sure i will be doing some damage atleast in canada . Sold 50k of tippmann product in the last week so far im sure that accounts for something expecially in a small market like canada .
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Why don't you try selling it off Ebay like maybe a website ? Advertize on Google Canada. Or on Ebay sell different line of guns.

Frederic
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
I'd be really careful if I was you. Not only could they cut off your eBay business but they could cut off your supply overall and that would really kill you. Be careful not to cut off your nose to spite your face.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
Ya i am i have a website up in a Week . Im not worried about supply i have 2 different supplyers . When i buy i buy 100-150k worth of product at a time . They even know who my one of my supplyer's is they cant do anything because he buys 4-5 million worth of product from tippmann and owes them about 1million all the time . They cut his supply he dosent pay the bill and the heads of the company don't like it . Im sure eventually something has to give .

Ebay gives NO indication what is copyrighted or copyright infringment or not

The law Protects these big Companies not really free trade i guess .

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your item removal.

When we receive a properly documented request from a VeRO participant
asking us to remove an infringing item, we are required by federal law
to end the listing.

We don't have any information about how your item infringed the rights
owner's intellectual property or how you can avoid having your listing
ended again.

The rights owner isn't required to explain how the item infringes on
their intellectual property. In addition, a listing that looks fine to
us may actually violate someone's intellectual property.

We urge you to contact Tippmann Sports, LLC and direct your questions
and concerns regarding the removal of your listing to the rights owner.
You can contact the rights owner at:
pfeher@tippmann.com

For more information on the eBay VeRO Program, visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/vero-rights-owner.html

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Sully

Useless.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

they're allowed to say who can sell it, where, and for how much

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antitrust

Tippmann is b.s they were trying to make me sign a contract and make me pay 35.00 more per gun on the x-7 w/egrip then i already pay.

So then they shuld know if you are selling counterfeits.

Nobody responds well to threats. Nor do you and nor does Tippman and you may invoke similar response as you are planning or a lawsuit for predatory pricing. From the numbers you disclosed it seems they have much deeper pockets than you. Whay not simply dumping their product and filling the market with competitive cheaper product and if you can keep up the performance they might even come back with apology.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
You may not like it Dipmirco but it's true. If you want to buy product from a company they are allowed to not sell to you if you sell your product online. I don't like it either personally so I don't buy from those people. They are also allowed to set the minimum prices you can sell the product for to not undercut the other people they sell the product to because those folks will complain. If you want to sell it for three times more, go ahead but they can & do have the right to set minimums.

Wikipedia is hardly a reliable source. They're useless. Just another website filled with misinformation.

Centralmap, actually I thought eBay was pretty good in this instance. They're telling you they have no idea why they had to remove the listing other than they were told to by the VERO owner, Tippman. It's better than other answers I've seen. VERO in itself sucks sometimes because all someone has to do is register as the rights owner, tell eBay listing 12345 is in violation with NO proof whatsoever and eBay claims they have to pull it whether they agree with it or not.

Another thing I don't like about eBay and VERO is that eBay washes their hands of it once a VERO person is involved. They say you have to talk to them and that's it. You're done. They can do nothing for you even if you provide receipts showing they're legit goods, you still have to deal with the rights owner.

Slightly off topic but I've seen some guy on here who claims to be a Disney employee and wrote an ebook on various tips and tricks for people going to the parks. That tells people the best times, how things work for Fast Passes, which side of the line moves the quickest and a bunch of other stuff.

He signed up for VERO and anybody that's done similar he has pulled. It's BS!! I've gone to the parks enough times and read enough about it to compile the same info. It's public knowledge but because he signed up with eBay's VERO he can have eBay listings pulled. He wouldn't stand up in a court of law because everything he wrote is public knowledge happily shared by anyone who frequents the Disney parks or other employees or written somewhere else, like the Birnbaum guides but eBay still pulls other listings that even hint of offering what he offers. It's pure and utter BS!
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
Whay not simply dumping their product and filling the market with competitive cheaper product and if you can keep up the performance they might even come back with apology. Thats the plan . Its a Live and learn thing i guess . Just goes to show you how unbalanced and unfair stuff can be guess its better to have ones head in the sand and think everything in this world is Lovely . Ignorance is bliss 😄

Ya vero sucks my rep said to email them and tell them that even the email address tippmann gave was NOT legit just kept bounceing back . But as you can see in the email they just gave me some standerdized message real waste of time (which i knew it was) but thought id do it for the sake of trying) .

Im gonna hit back at them regardless . Guy got really pissed when i told him i did 35k of sales in 1 week of tippmann product . I of corse dont have as deep of pockets as tippmann (huge company for paintball) but i can be a pesty fly make there dealers look bad in canada and dominate there online sales in canada (which prolly only accounts for 20% of there total sales in canada)

No harm in trying unless they sue me LOL
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Here is another one:
http://www.mccarthy.ca/pubs/antitrus_overview.pdf
Page 77, section Criminal Offenses.

And if that is source not reliable enough, here is the ultimate source:
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/C-34/
part VI

I am done with links. Did not say a single word of argument, simply pointing to the fact sources. However, reality may be different, as my lawyer says, sometimes it's not practical to uphold the law or it's very expensive to get justice.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I hope this isn't an off topic thought, but if a Canadian member listing on the Canadian site has an item removed for VERO reasons, isn't that a case of Ebay applying US law to Canada?
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
i think they are merging alot of our trade laws with Usa thur the Nau and stuff like that . Usa / Canada / Mexico with all our trade laws and junk .
Message 13 of 13
latest reply