Getting tired of chasing post to help people

Anyone else getting tired of leslie moving everything all the time .. I mean I come on here and basically do what ebay employees are paid to do for Free .. Stop making me chase post

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Haha, Yes!  I'd been thinking that exactly.  Smiley Happy   Whether it is one person or many,

I wasn't sure, but it is very annoying, all that ridiculous clicking.

No matter if a person visits the site only once, semi-regularly, or all the time, it is confusing

and irritating.

So I have arrived at a theory:   The people managing the ebay site are kids fresh out of College

who grew up on Nintendo and similar games, hence they think endless purposeless clicking

is fun.

They're the same 'whiz kids' who have changed "Saved Searches" (perfectly functional) to the new

"Searches you follow", and worse, -- "Saved Sellers" is now "Sellers you follow".  . . .  Hurl!

But that's just my opinion.  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Here is the way I look at it other then what I already stated...

Ebay is by far the most complicated site I have ever bought or sold on and I mean by leaps and bounds ..

So when you have a newbie coming to look for an answer because they are confused by the 1000 things you need to know before you use ebay and post on the forums then have it moved well now the buyers is still trying to figure out initial question and getting a message saying your post was moved just adds to the confusion..

It's one thing to tell people to keep it on topic and do not right inappropriate comments but to change things because an individual just thinks hey this should o somewhere else ..

Some posted the other day about making boxes for packaging and shipping which is clearly about selling well it was moved from the seller section ..WHY because one moderator decided hey this is not about selling and moved it .. IT WAS CLEARLY ABOUT SELLING but the moderator felt it was not so they moved it ...

I say stop moving everything all the time and let it be because the people who asked the questions know where they posted it and know where to find the answer changing it just adds to Newbie confusion as if it was not already the most confusing place to shop in the entire world already ..

I mean where else in the world do you have to read 6 pages of GSP info before clickign buy now...

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

<< the people who asked the questions know where they posted it and know where to find the answer

changing it just adds to Newbie confusion >>

Absolutely.  Well said.  And I agree that a public message board needs rather serious moderation

to keep it polite and civil, as well as assuring that a post about listing fees does not soon degenerate

into an argument about government-funded daycare, but I am at a complete loss to appreciate

all this 'movement'.

I've a theory about that, too.  Smiley Happy

In my opinion there are simply too many topic categories. 

And that new "Answer Center", - blechth!    Used to be all the questions were laid out as they were

posted.  One need only read the topic bar and first few words of the question.  But now, more

endless clicking and clicking.

I quite often cannot see the logic or reason for the reshuffling of all these posts.  Glad to see

someone else finally mentioned it.  I had feared it was 'just me'.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

It would be nice also if the people who ask the questions

would aknowlege the answers.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@dmil8030 wrote:

In my opinion there are simply too many topic categories. 

I've been wondering what kind of topic category "ebay.ca: Next Generation Community" is??  What does that even mean??

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I believe the purpose of eBay CA: Next Generation Community board was to discuss and provide feedback about the new discussion board and answer centre layout that was introduced when Lithium replaced Liveworld.

I thought they were going to close it after one month.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

So not a Star Trek Appreciation thread? Good to know.

That sounds like something out of science fiction.-- Hoban Washburne

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I SO agree with what everyone said here - all of you on this thread are far more experienced than I, but I learn a lot and sometimes like to put my two cents in! 

brande - yes, you and some others should definitely be on ebay's payroll for sure and for the last while I' too have been thinking what's with this Leslie person clicking around all day.  I'm currently trying to find something and it's been moved twice so far and now I can't find it..  Yes, I too am SICK of looking at all the GSP posts - maybe Leslie should keep clicking and put it in a separate category!!  toby - I could not agree with you more about so many people not even acknowledging that people have helped or are at least trying to.  That's always irked me - I guess I'm old school and always say please and thank you.  But do you know what - I like being old school in that regard. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply