Guy Goes on Buying Spree with Wife's c/c

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
I have a NPB that was bidding on 2 of my items but only one won of them.I have recently sent him a NPB notice and am waiting the customary time to file for fees as I know he is not going to pay.

Now I know why!

Here is the email I received this morning:
"Hi, My husband bid on this violin and was planning on paying for it with MY credit card without my permission. He went on a buying spree and spent $5000 on my credit card. I do not want it. I will not let him use my credit card. Please do whatever you want to his account on ebay, negative feedback, whatever. But relist it, contact the next highest bidder, or something. The same goes for anything else he bid on and won from you.
I'm very sorry about this. Please do not email him, email me. Thank you."

I checked his positive FB and looked at recent auctions. He has about 42 positive FBs for purchases he has made since March 1st. That does not include the purchases where he has not even rec'd any FB yet.

The wife is a Licensed Clinical Child Psychologist. I guess she married one of her patients.

Malcolm

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

deltone
Community Member
Oh for crying out loud!! What is with these people. She sounds like a "buyer" I had recently. She claimed her grandson bid on the item and she is an old lady and she has no need for the dvd, blah blah blah. All these excuses and airing of dirty laundry. I swear ebay is full of nutjobs lately.

What are you going to do now?
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
This one I believe
She left me her full name and office address and office email address with her postition where she works.

The guy emailed me 3-days into the auction and said that someone stole his eBay ID and was bidding on my items but it wasnt him.

I emailed him back and told him to retract his bids or I would report the theft of his id to eBay and they would run a check to se whose ISP the bids originated from.
I knew he was scamming me that is why I said I would report the theft to eBay. I checked out his bidding and saw that he just won an indentical instrument to what I was selling.

I never heard back.

He didnt retract either bid and ended up winning one auction. I went through the process of congratulating him and sending off his full purchase price.

Yesterday I send a NPB Notice and I get this email from his wife. Given that she has provided all her work details including phone number etc and looking at how much this guy bought over the last 2 months (well over 50 items) I have no doubt that her email to me is 100% legitimate.

I will file for my feesback and leave him negative FB stating that he stole his wife's c/c until she cut him off.

Malcolm

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
Good for you Malcolm! Yes, sometimes there are some wild stories but they do ring true.

I had an issue several months ago where the person paid with Paypal, I sent the item and then boom, the money was removed from my Paypal without warning or reason. Further digging showed that the person whose credit card and paypal account it was claimed it was an unauthorized use of her card. Anyhow, I contacted the buyer and it took me over a month of listening to her stories about cousins, and sisterinlaws, and lost jobs, and stolen computers, blah blah blah, but I didn't back down and I got my money. In some ways, as much of a pita this gal was, I kind of felt sorry for her and did sort of believe her crazy stories. LOL We parted on friendly terms.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply