Has anyone had any luck getting a refund from CP for shipments taking longer than expected?

I thought I remember reading somewhere that some people had applied for refunds of shipping costs on slow deliveries. Anyone have any experiences with this.

Thanks

Michael
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Has anyone had any luck getting a refund from CP for shipments taking longer than expected?

mevans_dot_net
Community Member
I did. The tracking dept made me jump through hoops kept trying the "we didn't receive your fax" game. Eventually I got fed up and emailed my Canada Post rep the whole story and immediately received credits for something like 30 or 35 shipments all at once. Can't remember the actual amount but at about $6-$8 a shipment it was a fair bit of money.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
My answer would be a definate YES and a definate NO.

I have accumulated close to $2,000 in deductions on my CP account where I have withheld paying them for a number of things including late deliveries for Express Post and Expedited Service.

As an example having one Texas customer waiting 6 weeks to get one of his items sent Expedited Post. Believe me that I have no qualms not paying CP for that type of crappy service.

My conseqeunce, 3-4 dunning letters per week threatening to cut me off credit privelages over the last 15 months.

I know at some point it will peak but I have provided them complete details its just that their accounting group dont communicate with claims and other departments so no one does anything about deductions at CP.

Very prehistoric accounting procedures.

Malcolm

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

gem-n-i-gemstonz
Community Member
I had a couple of Express items that were late about 1 1/2 years ago. For me it was quite simple. I called after the "guaranteed" 6 day period, and they verified that it hadnt yet been delivered, then sent me a cheque.

Jaqui

Gem Am I

The spiritual journey is individual, highly personal. It can't be organized or regulated. It isn't true that everyone should follow one path. Listen to your own truth. -Ram Dass

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
I don't ship Xpresspost very often, but when I do, I notice that the item comes up on the website as "delivered to destination" on the day it was guaranteed to be there, but the customer always denies getting it until the next day or the day after that. So I've never been able to get a refund, because the website tells me the package arrived on time, despite several different buyers attesting that it didn't. Fishy.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
Heres a story about 2 shipments I made to the same person in Oshawa. I shipped a set of drums EXPRESS POST in two boxes, each one with a separate tracking code, both on the same day.

Customer calls me wondering where her parcels are 2 days later, online shipping info says they are delivered. She tells me she called CP but as I am the shipper, they wont give her the info.

I call and am told that they have been delivered however I explain the customer hasnt got them, could they be stolen? I am told no, they were marked delivered when they were put onto the truck 2 days ago.

3 hours later box number one is delivered to her (late) but no box #2. I am told to start calling around any of 3 possible postal stations in Shoppers Drug Marts etc and sure enough (after another 5 hours) we find the 2nd box at a Postal Station in Whitby, Ontario.

So there you go, online and by telephone indicating that they have been delivered when one was delivered almost 3 days later and the 2nd had to be picked up by the customer in another town 10 miles away.

I've kept the frantic emails sent me from the mother who is a single parent with a 10 year old handicapped son looking forward to his best Christmas present and here it was , touring central Ontario 2-days before Christmas.

But the question remains: What does "Delivered" really mean?

Malcolm

Malcolm

Message 6 of 6
latest reply