Here is a whole whack of great info for Power Sellers

thebidwatcher
Community Member
Earlier this year I started a thread on .com called "Secrets only Power Sellers could/should know". Lots of people contributed info. It was so great. I hope you agree (hope this link works!).

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jsp?forum=76&thread=186471&message=4846823&q=secrets

If you have a tip for your Canadian PS's, add it here. Please tay on topic - this is a help thread not a complaint thread.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

treasure-pot
Community Member
Here is a tip for packing materials. Stop buying at Staples! If you are a power seller you are probbaly shipping a fair number of items or are shipping expensive items with lots of packing materials to protect them. If so... read on!

Most communities in Canada will have a shipping supplies company listed in their yellow pages. I buy all of my #0, #4, #6 and #7 bubble envelopes in case lots from a local paper supply house. Sure storage can be a problem but buying at Staples retail prices can be a problem for your bottom line.

I buying the large bubble in 750' rolls. It only costs me a few dollars more than those tiny boxes of bubble that Staples sells. I also buy a double roll packing tape in case lots, giant bags of foam peanuts, single sided corrugated, 6 different sizes of boxes, etc., but none of it comes from Staples or (worse yet) Mail Boxes Etc. In fact, there is not a shipping related item that I currently buy that comes from Staples.

By buying in case lots, and I'm sure a lot of you could manage it, I know I have saved a minimum of 50% over those retail prices. So grab the yellow pages and check some of the following categories:

shipping supplies
janitorial supplies
paper supplies
restaurant supplies
safety supplies

Cheers!
Bill

Bill

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I pick up many of my supplies at a local seller of shipping supplies, but am stuck with Staples for rigid mailers. They seem to be the only one that has the size that accomodates Life magazines and they only sell them in 4 packs. I order numerous packs from them online and get a discount/delivery, but would love to buy a box of 500 or so directly from their supplier. Does anyone know where I can get 11 X 14 rigid photo mailers at a decent price?
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member
checkout a place like uline.ca. Very likely cheaper then staples for anything in quantity
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Yes, Uline has them. Their prices are great, but shipping is costly.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

duujogl
Community Member
If you have access to a physical US address for them to ship to, I've found Cheshiremailers.com in Connecticut to be very competitive. I order rigid photo-size mailers from them and I'm happy with the quality and their service.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Hey Glenda... how are they at putting postage on their shipments?:^O

Bill treasure-pot

Bill

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

duujogl
Community Member
LOLOL They ship UPS -- but they sent me a calendar at Christmas and that had postage on it! Never mind Bill, some stamp collectors collect "postage due envelopes" - maybe you can sell it on eBay!!

Glenda

By the way, would it be eBay-legal for me to post a siggie line for duujogl that links to my muminlaw store?
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thanks all .... I'll check them out
Message 9 of 9
latest reply