How can I confirm that the global shipping program was actually used to ship an item?

Community Member

Seller or Ebay provided a global tracking number, but no tracking updates were provided afterwards. Package due to arrive tomorrow. One would think that several updates to provide tracking would be supplied along the way as the parcel is making it's way to its international destination.  

Or is the reason that there is no updates is that the item was not shipped and the Global Tracking number is fake? Therefore, no tracking updates?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

How can I confirm that the global shipping program was actually used to ship an item?

You are overthinking this.

The Global Tracking Program is a seller protection.

Any tracking by any service is a seller protection.

As a buyer it is not particularly useful to you except emotionally.

If you are not home when the carrier arrives, you will get a Notice about where and when the parcel can be picked up.

If the parcel doesn't show up in your mailbox tomorrow, you can open an Item Not Received Dispute in the eBay Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

Give the GSP tracking number in the Dispute.

If it is real and the GSP did not deliver on time, you will be refunded.

If it is not real (much less likely) the seller will not be able to prove delivery and you will be refunded.

So GSP or no, tracking or no, if you don't get your purchase, YOU WILL BE REFUNDED.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Where did you check the tracking number that was provided?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply