How do I change feedback about a seller after I already left feedback?

cdncfl
Community Member

I bought a diamond wedding band from prettyjewels402 in October 2016.  My wife and I got married on May 26, 2017.  Two weeks after the wedding a diamond fell out and there are 4 cracks in the band which are visible to the naked eye.  I contacted the seller but he is hiding behind the 30 days return policy.  I am so frustrated with the poor quality and his refusal to stand behind the product he sold me.  I would like to leave additional feedback but I don't know how to as I apparently already have.  I would also like to know if anyone has been able to return something like this when it is past the 30 days.  Do I have any other options?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How do I change feedback about a seller after I already left feedback?

EBay only allows 30 days from delivery for an Item Not As Described dispute.

However, you are also covered by Paypal for 180 days from payment.

Go to your PP account.

The Resolution Centre is under Tools at the top of your PP account page.

Open a Not As Described dispute.

You have already contacted the seller, so skip that step.

The bad news is that PP requires you to pay the return shipping with CONFIRMATION OF DELIVERY to the seller.

When you can show PP that the seller has the ring back, you will be refunded.

Aaaand, I just noticed that it has been nine months.

Darn.

Try Paypal anyway.

And go to the credit card you backed your PP account with. Phone the 1-800 number on the back and ask about a chargeback. Some cards may still cover you.

When you win the Dispute, your original FB may disappear.

The idea being that the refund ended the transaction and with no transaction, no feedback.

However, if it does not you can leave a Response to your FB and to the seller's FB as well.

The most effective Responses are calm and factual.

" 'Diamond' fell out metal cracked refused return" for example.

Take your time about adding the Response. Let him sweat a bit.

Use the time to craft your story about how you bought a 'diamond' ring online only for it to fall apart after the honeymoon. Your grandchildren will be amused (even if you are not just now).

Best wishes to both of you for a long and happy marriage.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply