How do you request an invoice from a seller when purchasing multiple items using "buy it now"

Some sellers offer combined shipping discounts when buying several items together. The system doesn't seem to let me use "buy it now" without paying for each individual item. I am left having to ask for a refund at the end which some vendors do not appreciate. I tried putting the items in my cart and then asking for an invoice but the system doesn't seem to work that way? Any tips?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

How do you request an invoice from a seller when purchasing multiple items using "buy it now"

jpdjb5
Community Member

If you use the Buy It Now option for buy several items from a seller, confirm it but don't pay for this time. Simply wait the last item you want and request the total cost at the seller.

Use the "Ask a question" in the lower part of the item page, write a request and wait the seller invoice.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Combined shipping not available for option with - immediate payment required

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Discuss the problem with the seller.

Often the only way out of this dilemma, and it involves trust, is to pay the amount demanded by the system and have the seller refund the difference between the listed shipping and the actual shipping.

Most sellers are happy to do this for a customer ordering multiple items.

Note that Shipping and Handling is never the same thing as Postage. Not only are there sales tax and fuel surcharges on postage, but S&H includes the costs of secure packaging, insurance and delivery confirmation fees.

I got a share in this job. Ten percent of nothing is—let me do the math here. Nothing into nothin'. Carry the nothin'... Jayne Cobb
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

In the case where shipping is not specified, I found this works:

From the general listing page of items push the buy it now button beside the item. It will take you to the specific item listing. Then push the buy it now on the item page. You should arrive at a page where you'll be able to make your request to the seller for an invoice because you won't be able to complete the transaction without the shipping getting added in. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply