How many seconds does it take for my bid to register? It seems as though someone can place a bid in

How many seconds does it take for my bid to register in the last seconds of a listing?  Recently, I have lost items when someone has put in a higher bid in the last seconds......it seems to be in the last 5 to eight seconds?  They are only interested in placing one bid and seem to have it times exactly!

How long does it take in seconds for them to find out my highest bid.  Do they do this with one click bidding?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: How many seconds does it take for my bid to register? It seems as though someone can place a bi

epending of your internet speed, computer CPU/RAM, etc. you may bid until the last second.

Yes some users are only bidding on the lasts seconds, or you may have been outbidded by a "proxy bid"

Like : It's 7PM, the current visible bid is 5$ by buyer A   (however, his maximum bid, no one knows that exept eBay, is 7$)

At 8PM, I, buyer B, enter my maximum bid at 15$

I will be the "best bidder" at 7,50$   (item will be displayed at 7,50$, one step over the "maximum" of buyer A)

If at the last minute at 10PM, it's still 7,50$, you "buyer C" may think  "Nice, if I put 9$, i'm sure I will win" and you enter 9$ at the last 10 seconds.

You will be outbidded by me at 9,50$, automatically by eBay computer because my "maximum bid" was 15$. You will then lose your item "on the lasts seconds". I don't even have to be on my computer at the end of auction, eBay will do the job for me.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: How many seconds does it take for my bid to register? It seems as though someone can place a bi

Bid once. Bid your maximum. Bid late.

The 'system' will enter your bids faster than you can.

But it is always the highest bid that wins, not the last.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Bid once. Bid your maximum. Bid early if you really want it.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply