I bid on an item which the seller does not ship to my country

soloved
Community Member

Hello, I accidently bid on an item that the seller does not ship to my country.  I understand I can try to cancel the order with one hour after winning the bid but if the seller does not accept my cancellation I still have to pay for the items.  The seller left see description under shipping and I missed that.  The description saying they do not ship to my country.  Under shipping it says varies.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If it is something you want then you can ask the seller to proceed with the transaction and then you pay, of course you won't know the shipping charge until they figure that out.  In most cases sellers who don't ship to certain countries will initiate the cancel request using the "not a country I ship to" reason.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The seller doesn't have to agree to cancel but you can't pay unless the seller puts in a shipping price for your location and doing that would tell me that they are willing to ship to you.  But if you pay and they don't ship you can file an item not received claim.

Some sellers don't like to agree to a cancellation and might file an unpaid item claim instead. If that happens and you get a strike you can ask eBay to remove the strike although just 1 strike will not affect you.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

" I still have to pay for the items."

No.  You do NOT have to pay nor should you make any attempt to pay.

Wait for the seller to send a cancellation or he may agree to you to Canada.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If the seller did not plan to ship to your country, but decides to allow the transaction to proceed, he can put in any amount he thinks is fair as the shipping fee and eBay will back him on it.

It would be wise to contact the seller (there is a link on the listing) and ask him

• if he will ship
  • how much he will charge to ship
  • that he discuss the shipping cost with you before billing you

And although this was a mistake, apologize for putting him to this extra trouble. (Sorry, this is the Canada site, after all.)

Politely.-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 5 of 5
latest reply