I didn't get an invoice from the seller for a business receipt?

I asked the seller to provide an invoice so the company could pay for the item.  He didn't. Now what can I do?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I didn't get an invoice from the seller for a business receipt?

You purchased an item on your personal account.

You asked the seller to invoice a different name (and possibly address) so 'the company' could pay.

I think most sellers would look at you funny for that one.

Did the seller send you any invoice?

Pay it.

The seller will ship to the address in your Paypal account. He cannot ship anywhere else and retain his Seller Protection.

When you get the item, leave appropriate feedback (which means positive).

Talk to 'the company' bookkeeper about how to get reimbursed. I assume 'the company' authorized the purchase to begin with, this discussion should have happened then.

Talk to the boss about opening a company eBay account and Paypal account. Both are free.

Remember that items purchased through the Global Shipping Program will not include a breakdown of duty and taxes paid by the GSP to the Canadian governments.

Did the seller not send any invoice?

Does the seller give a firm price on shipping and handling to Canada?

If the seller does not, he may not want Canadian customers. He may be ignoring you for that reason. If you badger him, he can open an "Unwanted Buyer" report about you with eBay.

He is not required to any persons or countries that he does not want to. This is an important Seller Protection. Sellers can even Block specific bidders, entire countries or continents, or bidders with certain Strikes against their accounts.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply