I left a negative feedback, and now the seller won't stop emailing me.

I bought an item on eaby, and it was completely different from the picture, and honesty, just terrible.  

I'm not someone who jumps to leave a negative review, and this is the first time I've ever, ever done it.  I left a negative because I think it's wrong to misrepresent a product.

Ever since leaving the feedback, the seller has contacted me every day, sometimes twice, telling me to change my review.

I'm not changing it.  I left an honest review. The end.  I want no further contact with this seller.  How do I make them stop emailing me?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Did you contact the seller first to try and work things out? Leaving negative feedback should not be your first step, it should be what you do when you have exhausted all other possibilities of getting a resolution. You should always start out by giving the seller the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it was an honest mistake? We all make them after all.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

That seller has already "earned" nine neutral and nine negative feedbacks over the last twelve months. That is in addition to 9 feedbacks that were revised.

Obviously he should have learned to deal with them by now.

Ignore him.  There is not much you can do to prevent his messages.  He will eventually get tired if you ignore him.

Alternatively you can reply - once and once only - that the negative feedback will not be changed and further contact from him will be reported to eBay for harassment.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You never have to open any email. Just delete them.

You never have to open any eBay Message. Just delete them.

You never have to answer the phone. You can delete messages on your voice mail without listening.

You can add a Response to your negative feedback and to his, if he left one. The most effective feedback are calm and factual. 'Has made X demands that this be changed. I stand by it.' for example.

While I think you should have opened an Item Not As Described case, this would have blocked your feedback and to win you would have to return the item at your own expense, so you made a choice.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I don't have an messages from sellers that I can look at but on my messages there is a 'report buyer' link above and to the right of the subject line. If there is a 'report seller' on your message, try clicking on that and see if you can report them.  I've never used it so I have no idea where it goes but it can't hurt to try.

I think that Pierre gave you some good advice.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

While I think you should have opened an Item Not As Described case, this would have blocked your feedback and to win you would have to return the item at your own expense, so you made a choice.

Feedback is not blocked when a buyer opens a case.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Well, I'm sorry to hear that you had a crummy experience with this transaction. Sometimes, if you let a seller know ahead of time that you are unhappy with your item, they might make amends, but it is completely within your right as a buyer to expect to get the item you bought the first time around so.....

Assuming the messages are coming via ebay messages and not your personal email, you'll have to sit down at a desktop or open a web browser on your phone and log into your account. Go to your Messages. On each one, there should be a section at the bottom that looks like what I have attached below. Go to the Report an inappropriate email and follow the instructions. Do this for EVERY message that you've been sent by this person. I don't know what good it ever does but this is what you can do. Report them. For each message sent. When a seller makes a Feedback Revision request, they are warned by ebay NOT to harass the buyer to do comply. The seller really should know better than to do this to you. 

I too have a problem with unwarranted and unwanted messages from a fellow ebay member (not a customer) who has been reported by me to ebay multiple times and long-ago blocked but still has somehow managed to circumvent it to continue to contact me. In the most recent message, he suggested I have marital relations with a pig. He also told me he has run out of his meds. I don't reply to something like that. I would suggest you not either with this seller. Eventually, someone else will leave bad feedback for this seller and you'll be off the hook.

Good luck as you carry forward.

Screen Shot 2015-06-07 at 12.14.04 PM.jpg

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

A few years ago I had one seller that kept emailing me every day even after the deadline to revise the feedback has passed.  I told him once the deadline to revise the feedback has passed, there is nothing we can do about it but he kept on and on, finally I had to call eBay about the harassment and sure enough he was suspended from eBay since then.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

mtf040
Community Member

As other users have said, it is best not to feed/encourage the seller by messaging him/her back.

mjwl2006 has made a good suggestion to report the seller with the Report an inappropriate email  button on the Messages page.

You can also call eBay Customer Service to file a complaint against the seller.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply