I paid for an item,seller received payment but has filed a claim against me; besides contacting him, what else should I do ?

I paid for an item,the seller received payment and even complimented me on my feedback for my rapid payment,yet now has filed a claim against me for non payment. I have sent him an email but I want to know what other steps, if any, I should take.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I paid for an item,seller received payment but has filed a claim against me; besides contacting him, what else should I do ?

The seller has likely confused your transaction with that of another.  How long ago did you email him?  When he sees his mistake, I'm sure that will clear up the problem.  At any rate, when you paid you were issued a paypal receipt to your regular email.  Simply enter the transaction number into the dispute, as it will prove you paid.  The same info should also be available in your paypal account Transactions.  Afterward, I would think a sincere apology from the seller might be forthcoming.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
Just enter the PayPal transaction number into the dispute,this will result in the dispute being closed in your favour.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply