I received an item that was not suppose to be bent in any way the seller di not package it properly

smil6036
Community Member

I bought an item the seller did not package the item properly it was not to be bent and came bent in half the resolution center will not let me open a case the seller is telling me to open a case what am I suppose to do now

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I received an item that was not suppose to be bent in any way the seller di not package it properly

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

I'm amazed that the seller is encouraging you to open a case. This would be very bad for his seller account. He can refund you at any time without needing a case opened.

Gosh.

He can ask you to return the damaged item, paying tracked postage yourself, but he seems satisfied that the damage is as you say. He may like to have a photo of the damage and the damaged packaging.

He can accept your dispute without a return by the way. Again, he just has to refund.

If the problem is that more than 45 days have passed since purchase, you can't claim through eBay/PP. Instead you go to the credit card you actually paid with. PP is just a mediator.

Call the 1-800 number on the back of the card (or on your monthly cc invoice) and ask about a chargeback. The clerk will need dates, payment amounts, transaction numbers etc to process your refund.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply