I sold a pair of shoes - shipped from Canada to France. Buyer claimed through Paypal that item not r

I sold a pair of shoes - shipped from Canada to France, without a tracked shipping service. Buyer claimed through Paypal that they did not receive the item & paypal has now refunded them today. I have gone to Facebook and typed in the guys name & sure enough there on his "timeline" page is a photo of this exact & VERY distinct pair of shoes (no mistaking they are the same pair)...dated Aug 6th with a "they arrived today" ...so there is no doubt that buyer received his parcel & has now also received a full refund. I go to Paypal & appeal option will only allow me to enter a tracking # (which of course i don't have) and I go to ebay for seller protection and read the same...tracking # = delivery confirmation...

Is there anything I can do or am I just taking a loss of $157 from a scamming buyer. Where is the sellers protection in cases like this...I have photo's to prove my case & can not figure out how to get anywhere with paypal or ebay

Please any advise would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I sold a pair of shoes - shipped from Canada to France. Buyer claimed through Paypal that item not r

rykkm
Community Member

With no tracking confirmation, you have no leg to stand on, sadly. Problem is, even though they are most likely the shoes you sent, there is no way for you to prove beyond any doubt those are the ones you sent. I'm afraid this is an expensive lesson from a scammer buyer. Tracking is expensive, but worth it for higher priced items. Perhaps limit expensive items to North America only, where trackingmore affordable. Sorry this happened to you. Make sure you block this buyer, too.

Cuppa Joe!

Rick
"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity" - Frank Leahy
Message 2 of 2
latest reply