Im looking at buying a truck,the seller says that the shipping is free,i get 5 days to inspect the vehicle,and I can send it back N/C? true?

bigslapper
Community Member

the seller says that the shipping is free,i get 5 days to inspect the vehicle,and I can send it back no charges to me if its not what he says it is. Is this true?    thanks  Kevin

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Im looking at buying a truck,the seller says that the shipping is free,i get 5 days to inspect the vehicle,and I can send it back N/C? true?

I bet you seen this truck on another site besides ebay and they said they would go through ebay.

It is a scam.

Alert: Auto scams on Craigslist, Kijiji, auto trader, etc

eBay's Vehicle Purchase Protection covers only certain vehicle transactions that are completed ON eBay.com.

If a Craigslist seller "promises" you eBay protection programs, walk away. It is fraudulent.

Common warning signs: A great deal that sounds too good to pass up Seller can't meet in person because of a number of reasons (i.e., they are a soldier in Iraq or they left the vehicle in a "local shipping company") Seller claims to have made arrangements with eBay's Vehicle Purchase Protection or Finance Centres Seller requests payment by money wire via Western Union or MoneyGram

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If this is from another site there shoud be a link there that you can report the ad as a scam.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

toby_le_pue is absolutely correct it is a common scam and constantly on sites like Autotrader/Craigslist and even Kijiji.

Cease communication and report the ad. Never wire money Western Union/Moneygram etc, to a stranger.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply