Interesting that unclaimed packages by buyers get refunds

Just received a negative Not that I really care about feedback but what is interesting is this.

Buyer purchased item. Packaged and sent and noted that it was an unconfirmed address.

Buyer was offered another shippment when it was not received or a full refund.

Buyer decides to leave a negative and put in a claim to ebay.

No problem.. He got his money back through paypal instead of me just issuing a refund and got to leave a neg.

WELL! Packaged arrived back here today as unclaimed  by recipiant.

Thank goodness I am also selling on Bonanaza.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Interesting that unclaimed packages by buyers get refunds

toff3
Community Member

Dwhall,

You seem surprised the buyer received a refund from PayPal/eBay. The item never got in the hands of the buyer (the reason it didn't is immaterial) so, according to eBay rules, he's entitled to a refund. You have the item back, which, as Mr E says, is a good thing.

The neg you received is of course undeserved and you should request eBay to remove it.

Tom

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Perhaps no notice card was ever left and it sat for two weeks before being returned.

Or perhaps a notice card was left at the wrong location.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If it was one of the packages of codeine pills, a restricted drug in many countries, you were lucky to get it back instead of having it seized.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

They marked it unclaimed. That does not mean that is why it was returned. They just picked a convenient reason.

End of the day, you have the parcel and the customer does not.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

toff3
Community Member

Dwhall,

You seem surprised the buyer received a refund from PayPal/eBay. The item never got in the hands of the buyer (the reason it didn't is immaterial) so, according to eBay rules, he's entitled to a refund. You have the item back, which, as Mr E says, is a good thing.

The neg you received is of course undeserved and you should request eBay to remove it.

Tom

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Ear drops!! 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

As to the pharmaceuticals.....Many of the ingredients are not allowed in many nations...And to be honest I am really not sure Frosst would approve of you selling them on ebay like that.  $8.00 of generic T-1s at 10 times value.  Oh my,  And in Canada you must be a licensed pharmacist to sell them.  I would be waiting for someone to notice.  And now that you posted I am sure someone has,

Message 7 of 7
latest reply