International Sellers Beware

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to post this info because of troubles I am currently experiencing with an item from Italy.The seller sent my item by registered international post in Italy and was provided tracking number.Unfortunately it appears Canada  post does not offer tracking service for international inbound registered,needless to say I have not received it yet and its coming on a month.Italy to Canada  amazing

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Registered is a slow service. 

Unlike the more advanced technology of barcoded 'express 'services like Priority Post, it is handled more manually and is recorded manually at every stop on the way.

But I would have allowed 15 o 20 days for any package from Europe.

How many days is 'coming on a month'?

f you are really concerned you can open an Item Not Recieved dispute, but it sounds as if the item was tracked to Canada and then stopped being recorded.

So it is on its way.

Sloooooooowly

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Registered Mail service used to be tracked by Canada Post up to early this year.    

I recently received a registered package shipped from Hong Kong that was 60 days in Customs in Richmond, BC and only it got moving because I had the shipper put a trace on it.

Rightly or wrongly, I have been told that Registered Mail is the preferred of shipping "contraband" from overseas because the recipient must sign for it.  And without tracking, the recipient does not know when it will arrive.

Do not despair--more than likely your package will get to you.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply