Is there anything you can do about bullying?

I have had customers on several occasions that attempt to get lower shipping, alternate shipping, and claim that they will leave negative feedback after winning an item and paying for it.  The shipping was already there, and I combine shipping.  Why bid and threaten to leave negative feedback?  I report them, and eBay does nothing, then I am left with this hovering over my head.  These are generally not your every day Joe eBayers, these are people with 10000+ feedbacks most often trying to save a buck to sell an item again.  Is there nothing a small time seller like myself can do to protect against this?  It certainly feels like bullying.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Dont worry about it.

Keep those emails where the guy is threatening you. If he does buy and leaves you a negative then you can call ebay and provide the emails to have the feedback removed. Its called Feedback Extortion and Ebay does not tolerate such behavior.

Next time this guy messages you. Ask him if what he is doing isnt feedback extortion and tell him you have kept the Emails. If he is an experienced Ebayer, he or she will refrain from that bullying tactic.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Block all problem buyers...  or those that might buy from you.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Block all problem buyers...  or those that might buy from you.

Thats even a better idea.

Saves the hassle, but if the buyer has already purchase and then asks for unfair demands, just remember to record  all comunications

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

The minute I get any kind of threats I report them to eBay right away so that they can put them on the files and when I get a negative feedback, I call them again and have them removed.  It works each time.  And also I tell my buyers that, that kind of threats or comments are violating eBay's policies and I can report them to eBay and it gave them twice thinking and never gave me negative feedback (knock on wood three times!!!).

Also put them on the block list right away to prevent them to bid or buy any more on my auctions at any time.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

This is essentially what I've been doing.  Though, I've had one that I don't think they did anything about.  They left me positive feedback, but gave me low stars, which ultimately affects my PayPal and causes a delay when selling, though I was receiving my transactions instantly for a while.  Doesn't take much to cause this to happen where I only have ~200 feedbacks.  It kind of sucks for new sellers to eBay or small time sellers like myself.  There's plenty out there with LOTs of eBay experience and seem to push the little guys around, from my experience.  Thanks for your input, folks.  Truly glad this forum exists!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply