Item not received by buyer. Case escalated - I lost my money and my item.

Hello!
Awful situation happening between me, my buyer and ebay.
I sold item on Friday night. Shipped item in Monday morning by Expedited CanadaPost - USPS. Shipping usually takes 7-10 bus.days.
Buyer opened case on Wednesday - ITEM NOT RECEIVED....(((
Of coarse it's not received!!! Only 2 days left since shipping.
I answered in case . Provide all shipping details: tracking, shipping label receipt (from PayPal shipping) , link to CanadaPost website ( says "item accepted at Postal Office), etc. On Thursday early morning (7:30 am) buyer escalate case to claim. EBay made a decision  (at 8:06) to return full payment to buyer: "eBay Customer Support has refunded the buyer and debited your PayPal account for reimbursement. The case is closed. eBay Customer Support comments:We didn't receive valid tracking information from you. Tracking information is required in order to be protected from losing a case and to confirm that the buyer received the item."  ????????!!!!!!!
I did provide everything!!!!!
I called eBay and appealed the decision. And again in 10 hours:"eBay Customer Support has declined your appeal and upheld the original decision on the case.eBay Customer Support comments:We're sorry there was a problem with this transaction. However, you didn't provide delivery confirmation showing the item was delivered to the buyer's address."!!!!!
BUT item is not even   delivered yet!!! Website says: item arrived at destination country.
I called eBay - they said I have no proof that item was delivered ( of course not! ) and I don't have a right to appeal again.
So now: I have no item. No money ( about $100). No return for eBay fee. 
What else I can do?
Buyer not answering on my messages.
Thank you for advises!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re:Item not received by buyer. Case escalated - I lost my money and my item.

Canadians have to understand that just because it is supposed to be delivered in 2-3 days that rarely happens.  I have sometimes waited longer for Priority thank I do for First Class.  Ebay should never refund until the package has gone missing for a month.  I think sometimes the parcels get "MIA" in our system but out of all my transactions to date nothing has gone missing or lost.  We do eventually get the item just not in the time frame we are supposed to.  I truly have found better delivery time better for First Class than Priority and that makes no sense at all but that is the way it is.  And even with First Class you can get a tracking number - think it costs an extra dollar so well worth it.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I'm Canadian seller. We have only regular CanadaPost airmail ( no tracking), Expedited ( w tracking which sometimes not updated by CanadaPost - USPS) or XPress ( with tracking and delivery confirmation) but VERY expensive... :(((((

P.S. Tracking shows that buyer received item by now. I called EBay again - they can do nothing now. Not even obligate buyer to return her item.
GIFT for her from eBay. Buyer keeping silence - not answering on my messages.

Perfect model to buy on EBAy: purchase item - pay- wait until item marked down as shipped - open case immediately -  escalate - receive full return and then enjoy your item for free!!!! ))))
Seller ripped off!!!! 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I've had the same problems with International buyers. One from Spain even bought on three different occasions from me and opened 3 claims which he won because there are no tracking numbers on international surface shipping. I specify in my listings that items can take 5 to 8 weeks to reach the customer and that by buying they agree to my terms. But my Spanish buyers knew how to work EBAY and got for almost $100.00 free of charge. And yes shipping costs had to be refunded by me. Two weeks later another customer from Spain does exactly the same thing and wins his claim (coincidence ?) I had enough and banned customers from that country. On the other hand a woman from Australia opened a claim and was refunded. Two days later she received the item and sent me back the money. So there is honesty out there...But no more Spanish customers for me...

Message 4 of 4
latest reply