Level playing feild my foot ~~Check this auction from the NHLPA

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Let's see what the Ebay.ca pinks have to say about this auction . I thought Ebay was a level playing feild .

Let's see if you can pick out the Ebay rule that has be broken in this auction . Actaully the rule has been broken twice in the auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50120&item=2767021367
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

aabros
Community Member
the DIRECT link to the nhlpa.com website and the logo at the bottom of the auction that has the .COM on it...

eBay has sent me several alerts to remove my .com logo from my auctions... and I finally did. Sad to see that some sellers are "aloud" to do it.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

off_to_uni
Community Member
Hi everyone!

You mean you don't believe that line they give us about a level playing field? I told you that saying, slogan whatever you want to call it, is just an easy out for eBay when it comes to not giving it's best sellers (us) discounts... Thanks eBay!
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
It's so up-setting to not have a pink comment on this. At best we will see them warned ...while others have thier auctions shut down for this . They will get a email warning them not to do it again . This is what bugs me a little when , I hear the words "level playing feild ".

And then see this

Because

We all know they will not be listing again under this user ID . It was a one time thing ,you would think Ebay.ca would tell the big companies the rules for Ebay
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

off_to_uni
Community Member
"you would think Ebay.ca would tell the big companies the rules for Ebay"

There probably to scared to. Could you see a small time eBay employee cancelling this auction? They would have to get approval from someone with reasonable pull, but if it was some Joe nobody user the auction would be yanked without a second thought... that's the level playing field 🙂
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

off_to_uni
Community Member
Level playing field = Good way to con other users into believing eBay is all about being fair... when really it's all about the $$$ 🙂

eBay is a business and it's 99.89% about making money, and that's fine, just be honest with us and drop the con jobs... I hate cheap tricks and mind games.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
Hey james_gardiner

Don't you believe this is all for charity?? (is there an emoticon for naive, and if not, why not!!????? -- Maybe it should just be a Canadian flag?? Isn't that what the (US[and who else matters]) world believes of us?)

'Nuff said, Glenda

Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

off_to_uni
Community Member
Hi Glenda,

There should be a naive emoticon that would be great.

I really don't like it when eBay tries to treat us like we are naive. There is no such thing as a level playing field on eBay, the PowerSeller program alone gives that away. If it was a level playing field than why do we have our own chat board, improved access to eBay staff, a discount with Canada Post... provided to us by eBay's efforts, and of course let's not forgot those great Powerseller welcome kits 🙂

eBay needs to just treat us with respect and be honest... We don't get discounts with eBay, because eBay would lose $$$. The NHLPA will get treated better then the average Joe user because they aren't the average Joe user.

Cheers,

James

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

can-import
Community Member
eBay removed my 312 auctions because there was .com writtne in my logo. No emails to ask me to remove it, nothing... they removed it... bang...

So why not do the same for them?
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

off_to_uni
Community Member
"So why not do the same for them?"

Well we know the answer to that, they are a well know entity and although we fill the coffers of eBay, that doesn't seem to amount to what it should.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
can-import: same thing happenned to me last year, sad.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

can-import
Community Member
if they told me.. would have changed it in 30 seconds... just had to change the logo that was linked to my website. But they never told me anything... I had to relist 300 items to reactivate my sales... took 2 or 3 days... I lost a lot of money during those days... but they dont care!
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

acurael
Community Member
Has anyone actually reported the auctions?

Or are we expecting the lurking pinks to repsond and close them?

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

llee2
Community Member
"Has anyone actually reported the auctions?

Or are we expecting the lurking pinks to repsond and close them?"

You're kidding right? I'm certain they are well aware of the auctions and the violations. The auctions won't be closed. Last year, something similar happened when the TV show "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" went off the air. The show begin listing show memorabilia on .com selling everything from wardrobe to set props. Every one of their auctions had links galore to off-eBay sites including those selling non-eBay merchandise. Complaints were filed and guess what? Yeah, nadda. Guess when you sell hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of stuff to Buffy fanatics, the rules don't apply.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
eBay never was, and likely never will be a ""level playing feild ".
Message 15 of 15
latest reply