Listed an item but had to request a cancellation after auction ended, buyer has denied request and E-Bay request I complete the transaction.

Where do I go from here seeing that I stated that the item is no longer available due to being loss or misplaced? I E-Mailed the buyer telling that I will try and locate but if not found by Friday, I will have nothing to offer. Have I got the option to request the cancellation of my listing?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Listed an item but had to request a cancellation after auction ended, buyer has denied request and E-Bay request I complete the transaction.

Hi ..There is nothing more you can do. Did the buyer pay and you refunded. From a seller's perspective , filing a cancellation is for one reason only , the recovery of eBay fees.  Should never be done without some signal from buyer that they are willing to accept.

Buyers can be sceptics in such cases , wondering if you are being truthful or found a buyer elsewhere or didn't get the price you wanted etc. Must be handled with TLC.

Buyer's denying suggests that they are not happy and may result in poor feedback , unfortunately.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply