Missing: Small Packets Airmail and/or Tracked Packets from Canada Post website 'Find a Rate'

I noticed this first on the weekend but It's still like this....

When you go to Canada Post and use Find a Rate to get estimates for postage costs and delivery standards, everything Airmail has vanished. There is no Small Packets Airmail and no Tracked Packet service either.

Does anyone know anything about this? Was there some big memo that I missed?

Check it.....

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s5

I haven't gone through every country in the world but I have checked the ones that I know are serviced by Small or Tracked Packets and it is just not there where I know it should be.

Any theories as to what is happening here with this?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Missing: Small Packets Airmail and/or Tracked Packets from Canada Post website 'Find a Rate'

Okay, I found Tracked Packet for USA still works but everything in Europe is missing as is Australia.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I find this to be very confusing.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Not a clue.  I looked all over CP but couldn't find any notice or anything like that.  I'm afraid I don't find their "report a problem" page particularly useful but maybe that is just because I don't see how to "report a problem" anywhere.  

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=report_a_problem_or_&cattype=kb&cat=general...

I just figured if there is no mention or notice anywhere then maybe they don't know about it.  The cynic in me is suspicious when it is always the lower cost options to disappear, and right before Christmas.  I'm sure that's just a coincidence.  

Well I smell something baking so that's as good a reason as any to give up on Canada Post (for the moment).  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:
When you go to Canada Post and use Find a Rate to get estimates for postage costs and delivery standards, everything Airmail has vanished. There is no Small Packets Airmail and no Tracked Packet service either.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s5

I haven't gone through every country in the world but I have checked the ones that I know are serviced by Small or Tracked Packets and it is just not there where I know it should be.

Small Packet does show if you click on "show minimum online savings" (it's hidden for the "over the counter" default rates).  But no Tracked Packet int'l for either choice.

So perhaps someone has been mucking around with the programming (possibly for new 2017 parcel shipping rates).

-..-

I do see Small Packet and Tracked Packet USA when I check the USA. That's working normally (at least when I viewed it just now)

-..-

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Ah, rate increases. Have those been announced for 2017?

I noticed overnight that Airmail (Small Packets) reappeared automagically with Business Solutions. On the weekend when I initially spotted this weirdness, there was no USA airmail at all. But that returned yesterday.

It seems like this would be a bad time of year to fuss with displaying postal rates and delivery estimates.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

All Airmail including Tracked Packets are now being sown under Business rates but still invisible on the Personal side of Find a Rate on CPC. I have a screenshot but cannot post it to a Q & A topic.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply