NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA HEYYAAAAAA GOOOD BYE

ameroindustries
Community Member
Important Alert Regarding your PowerSeller Status

Dear centralmetalcorp,

First, we want to thank you for your membership with eBay, and your participation in the Platinum PowerSeller program.

We want to help you maintain your PowerSeller status. According to our records, your feedback is not meeting the standards of the Platinum PowerSeller program. To participate in the Platinum PowerSeller program, the following requirements must be met:

* Maintain the minimum average monthly sales amount for your PowerSeller level.
* Maintain a 98% positive total feedback rating.
* Maintain an account in good financial standing.
* Comply with all eBay listing and marketplace policies.
* Uphold eBay community values, including honesty, timeliness, and mutual respect.

PowerSeller program eligibility is reviewed every month. Failure to comply with the above requirements may result in the interruption of a member's PowerSeller status.

To maintain your status, we recommend that you visit the PowerSeller portal frequently for helpful tips and resources. You can access your portal page by clicking the PowerSeller icon next to your User ID or by following the simple step-by-step instructions found below.

1. Go to the eBay.ca home page (www.ebay.ca).
2. Click on the "site map" link located at the top of the home page.
3. Click on the "PowerSellers" link located in the centre column, under "Selling Resources".
4. You can then access your PowerSeller portal page by using the "PowerSellers Sign-In" option on this page.

In one month we'll review your feedback. If you are within the Platinum PowerSeller standards, your standing as a Platinum PowerSeller will continue without interruption.

We would love to help you maintain your current PowerSeller standing. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, or if you would like a few ideas to assist you in this effort.

Regards,

Your eBay PowerSeller Team
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Ha ha ha... bye bye central metal. I'll be joining you soon.

John
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
LOL its all good i get to keep my account manager 😄 Its not so bad i see Lots of big sellers that are going down with the `Ship` my bets is ebay will do a revision they need to suck back there pride and admit there silly mistake .
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
Ok- so please correct me if I am wrong.
Regardless of your track record, 178 NEUTRALS & and 94 NEGATIVES, over the past year- eBay's favourable number's analysis- combined with high $$ volume sales, made you a POWER SELLER.

Now- with the NEW less-favourable calculations for FB & DSR- you lose you right to display the POWER SELLER LOGO- and will not receive any +FB/DSR ratings related DISCOUNTS.

HOWEVER- you get to keep you ACCOUNT MANAGER ?????

What am I missing here? Under the NEW 'level playing field' that we are ALL playing on- you don't have the +FB, or DSR ratings to be a POWER SELLER- BUT!!!!! YOU GET TO KEEP SOME OF THE POWER SELLER BENEFITS ?????

Who at eBay decides what BENEFITS go to which now NON-POWER SELLER?

Anyone want to comment on this situation?

(We will soon be losing our LOGO for this account.
However- it's a voluntary thing. I have removed enough BIN auction to keep our numbers down, so as we don't again cross over the 100 items sold per month average.)
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
We received something similar:

"Dear lina-mallows,

First, we want to thank you for your membership with eBay, and your participation in the Bronze PowerSeller program.

We want to help you maintain your PowerSeller status. ............ Failure to comply with the above requirements may result in the interruption of a member's PowerSeller status."

MAY result in the interruption of a member's PowerSeller status ???

Who decides ?????
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

ebay/papal 2k per/mo
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

massapparel
Community Member
I'm joining you guys too. I'm sitting right now at 97.4%

The worst thing about it is that my BEST MATCH is now lowered.

I'll probably just close this account and start another - I don't see a point of trying to catch up feedback to 98%. The worst part about it is that I ALMOST qualify for 4.7 (last 30days) for increased BEST MATCH exposure.

My bet is that other long time-high feedback sellers will also drop their old name and start new ones in an attempt to get feedback back to 98%+.

My 2 cents.
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

"other long time-high feedback sellers will also drop their old name and start new ones in an attempt to get feedback back to 98%+."

Hopefully it will work for you.

However, I suspect few sellers would attempt to start from zero. The feedback percentage represents how buyers reacted to their transactions (97+ out of 100 were satisfied). There is no reason to believe that ratio will change next year, is there?

... unless sellers change the way they do business to improve that feedback rating (and DSRs). And that is exactly why eBay is making those changes.

Also, starting from zero, without the PowerSeller status, means no FVF rebate. It also possibly means fewer sales at the beginning under the new name as I suspect many buyers are reluctant to buy from sellers with low feedback score (regardless of percentage) and relatively short eBay experience.

When I look at the top 500 sellers on eBay (by feedback rating), between 300 and 400 will no longer meet the magic 98% to continue their PowerSeller membership based on the new method of calculation (last 12 months only).

Will these guys give up on eBay? NO

Will these guys start new User ID? NO

I expect many will simply keep on doing business the way they were for years and live with a lower feedback percentage and without the PS status while some will find ways to improve the overall customer satisfaction to regain the 98% minimum.

Let's revisit in a years time. .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
http://forums.ebay.ca/thread.jspa?threadID=500030873&tstart=0&mod=1211675561380
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

dagr8_renaud
Community Member
I hate to admit it but Pierre is right here ..

Damn it I wish there was another way out , I mean we are eBay's bread AND butter shouldnt we get something else then 15 % rebate of FVF and higher standars to maintain ?

Granted that enhanced seller protection is making up for it , since we are now protected for a lot more transactions ..

but whaty about feedback and DSR , it is just plain wrong please relate to my post about new feedback policies and make your suggestions .

I know I am relatively new to eBay and to the power seller program , that doesnt mean we cant do nothing to improve our situation .

for example , lets say all Canadian powerseller stop selling for a whole week , I bet you eBay would think about how serious we are..
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
The 15% discount will never be seen by most large powersellers there lucky to see 5% half the time unless you offer free shipping gonna try some mass free shipping to bring up my dsr (ill lose 1-2.00 a listing for it whatever)

I make currently around 400-500 k a year off ebay i still cant complain just gonna have to try harder and be nicer i guess mby get more staff to help handle the buyers .

If you give ebay 10-20k a month they let you keep account managers i guess . I plan on bumping my sales to over 150k in july time will tell i guess . But im sure if im giving them 20k+ a month in fee's thur ebay / paypal they will provide me with a account manager . But then again its ebay 😄

I bet ebay will be changing there policys there are alot alot of ppl complaining and in a few months a heck of alot less powersellers .

The least they can do is take away the neutrals from counting as half of a negitive thats just not nice .
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Yeah -- that's what killed me. I had to downsize my store recently, and I had two months of poor customer service due to employee layoffs (them not caring) combined with the computers being down for about 3 weeks. I got a LOT of neutrals over it, and my feedback dropped 99.8% to 96% with the counting of Neutrals as negatives.

Sheesh.

John
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

g-manthebossman
Community Member
I TOLD YOU GUYS THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN SO FAR I AM STILL AFLOAT BUT I THINK ONCE THE DSR RATINGS KICK IN THAT WILL FINISH ME OFF OH WELL I GUESS THEY WONT BE REPORTING MY SALES TO REVENUE CANADA LOL THATS THE ONLY POSITIVE I SEE FROM THIS LOL
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
LOL yep down goes the ship . Guess this powersellers fourm will be pretty quiet .

I have gotten like 4 negitives within the last 100 feedback thats awful . Gonna try to improve but its so hard i aint sitting on ebay for free or 10.00 an hour . And buyers are becomeing wise to all the power they have .

This job is worse than trucking very unhealthy sitting here all day staring at the computer ebay will cut atleast 10 years off my life thats gotta be worth something . LOL
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

8447becky
Community Member
Can someone please let me know what second of the day on April 22nd that my DSR for shipping time dropped to 4.5? I missed it didnt even get to complain about it but I lost my powerseller discount of 5% for this invoice. I've only had this status for 2 months feel like Ebay is scamming me since I am on my account everyday most of the day. Customer support says when my snapshot on the 22nd was taken I was showing 4.5 thats that NO DISCOUNT FOR YOU!!! Final slap in my face I know where Im not wanted.
Message 15 of 19
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
Ya thats ebay for you . Dont sell to much they punish you for that . This whole Dsr System is a Joke . they should be giving a flat discount according to tiers as long as you stay in the % range for feedback . Its all designed to make ps work like slaves for less money .
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Hi there!
New to this board and really annoyed! My biggest beef is with this shipping time and shipping cost feedback! I ship from CAnada and most US buyers don`t even have a clue as to where their parcels are coming from and don`t seem to care. It doesn`t seem to matter if I ship it before they pay for it, they still think it takes too long and costs too much (I only charge actual Canada Post shipping costs). I have tried to put a note in with each parcel I ship to remind buyers their parcel is coming from CAnada and that I only charge ACTUAL costs but I am still at 4.6!! My best match has just been lowered and I am really peeved! Any suggestions? I REALLY HATE THIS NEW FEEDBACK RATING SYSTEM! argh! Thanks for your patience 🐵 Kitty
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
Ya its awful . Im getting hammered with negitive feedback 1 every page . I mean there is no sence working the problems out any more with these ppl cause you cant even do a mutual withdrawl .

Forget this its gonna kill me . I can ship 10 items a week and maintain good dsr and perfect customer service but hell i might as well just game all day. This system is B.S .
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

I agree... but there's only so many times we can say so. Heh heh.

John
Message 19 of 19
latest reply