National Home Services

Geez!! How many bleepin times are these guys going to come to my house and how can they still be getting away with this door to door scam!

Anyone else had the joys of their company lately?
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

National Home Services

I tried every way under the sun to tell this kid I was in the "know" but he wouldn't break out of his "Robotic, I drank the koolaid" mode!

The best part was that the whole time he's BS pitching me he was snaking on Welches fruit snacks ?:|?:|

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

National Home Services

Never heard of them  🙂

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

National Home Services

Use door to door sales involving replacement of water heaters, using high pressure sales tactics and misleading information.

www.bbb.org/kitchener/business-reviews/water-heaters-dealers/national-home-services-in-north-york-on-1174972

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

National Home Services

Let's try that again...

http://www.bbb.org/kitchener/business-reviews/water-heaters-dealers/national-home-services-in-north-york-on-1174972

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

National Home Services

Related to the Direct  Energy scams

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

National Home Services

The world is full of scams.

The guys who keep calling me from India telling me that I need to spend $600 to insure that my $400 computer doesn't crash.

The people who keep calling me to sell me duct cleaning (I live in an apartment) - and call - and call - and call.

The homeless guy who stands on the traffic island panhandling.  He is brilliant.  Changes his appearance almost daily.  Fake beards, mustaches.  Different clothes.  He has even tried darkening his skin.  Just never bothers to hide his $200 shoes, or to not pull out his i-phone when someone calls.  Yet the dude probably probably makes more than I do. 

Same as the mom on TV, all greatful for the free  Christmas dinner she and her family got.  While her four kids are in the background - all on their cell phones. 

Waiting for a friend beside a church parking lot the other night.  It is free supper night for the poor.  I watch as 25 or 30 people exit after dinner.  All but one pulls out a pack of smokes and lights up and many are on cell phones.  Can't afford food, but can afford the "necessities" of life.

Or thekid sitting on the sidewalk outside Dollarama a few months ago.  All decked out in the latest hip-hop bling; chatting on his i-phone, probably with the deluxe plan; smoking a cigarette - and asking me if I can spare a dollar - me, the pensioner with the $15 a month phone that I only use for emergencies.

I am such a cynic.

Still Idle, but at least walking around.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

National Home Services

Tis the season for telemarketers calling to ask to speak with the owner.  

I either give the phone to the wife, or tell the caller that the owner is in Mexico for a couple of months.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

National Home Services

Direct Energy or a Company similar has started to show up in the Apt complex I live in  So far twice in the last 8 months. Last guy at my door was as as bold as He**

He told me he was at my door because I requested them to come and see me . Asked him what my name was and he told me he did not need  to know I had called them. Ya Right

He was also demanding to see my Hydro Bill

I told him he was not allowed in the building  No Soliciatation Notices are throughout and he told me he was allowed in here any time he wanted Told me I better learn about who was allowed in the building and became quite rude.

As I was phoning the Super to let them know he was in the building I heard yelling outside my door. The Super had found him   The guy was hightailing it down the stairs

So much for his right to be here

I also have had companies phone saying they want to come and quote me a price for replacng my windows as requested 

One guy kept going at me and asked me how many windows will need to be replaced

I said about 2000 or more  Dead silence  He had no Idea he had phoned a Apartment/Office Complex

The complex I live in has 2 buildings with apartments and one building that is offices It's very large

I told him where he called and he said he must have the wrong number

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

National Home Services

If you live in an apartment tell them that your utilities are included in the rent.

Even if it isn't true ]:)

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

National Home Services

Once upon a time, kids stood in front of banks selling chocolate bars to raise money for their schools, or scouts, or mnor sports.

Nowadays, the kid outside the bank is hired and is an employee of a company that sells chocolate bars.  The bar sells for $3.00.  Of that, $2.50 goes to the company, 50 cents goes to the kid - the charitites get what is left over.  I had one kid hand me a card that it said that he had difficulties speaking to people and this job helped him to get over this problem.  The only problem was, he held up the chocolate bars hoping I would buy one.  He never spoke to me - or any of the other people who walked by.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply