Never Did Receive My Paid for Product

In May 2015 I ordered a flexible garden hose from a seller on here and it was received the first time.  Shortly after about 2-3 uses the hose bust and was no good anymore.  I wrote the seller and he agreed that I could send him a photo of the broken hose and that I had the right to throw it away and he would send another ASAP.  He also asked that I end my claim with eBay which I did.  He promised the item was shipped and I wrote him many times (I have copies) and told him it was never received.  In the end he stopped writing back to me.  To date, 5 months later I still do not have the garden hose, broken one or otherwise.

I have been scammed as far as I can see and since this is over 90 days old now I can't do a thing about it.  HE never replied to allow this to be fixed within the 90 days.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You can still claim via paypal, they give you 180 days. If its been 5 months +, i would suggest you look into it ASAP.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes, go to Paypal .

I hope you still have that Message with permission to send a photo of the broken hose and your picture. PP may need it.

If they are unable to help, and don't let this run for more than a couple of days at this late date, go to the credit card I hope you back your PP account with, phone the 1-800 number on the back and ask the customer service clerk about a chargeback. She will need information about the transaction so have dates, currency, payment amounts, transaction numbers etc handy.

And never never accept an offer of a replacement. It probably won't arrive, and if it does, it will be no better than the one you complained about.

And never close a Dispute until the seller has fulfilled his promise. Refunds can be immediate (although 24 hours is a polite waiting period for a busy seller) and if you accept a replacement don't let it run past the deadline in the Dispute, about two weeks usually.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

thank you for replying.  I closed because I thought he was honest and promised to replace the hose.  We agreed another hose would be better than my sending the broken one back at my expense!!  so the photo was my proof its garbage.  I have nothing for my $34

I will contact PP, thanks.  I tried once and they are hard to get hold of it seemed.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Paypal also has a Resolution Centre. On the left side of the summary page.

Usually it is best to start with the robots. Don't think about trying to talk to a person until you have exhausted the Resolution Centre. It is set to demand certain things.

In this case, proof of delivery.

No proof of delivery, refund.

Again, the refund may come from the seller or from PP. If the latter, PP goes after the seller themselves. They have his credit card number.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply