New CP Small Packet Customs Forms

llee2
Community Member
Just an FYI for those of you who haven't heard...

CP has begun to circulate a new small packet customs slip for packages going to the US and overseas. Apparently, it's white and about 4 times the size of the green one. Has the regular info on it (weight, gift?, sample? and itemized description). It will also have an air or surface option to check off as well as a spot for the address. It has a "carbon copy" receipt that you get to retain as "proof".

No tracking number on the new forms, so it looks like the service hasn't changed. For whatever reason, CP is saying that the new form has to be affixed to all small packages with a value of less than $500. For those over $500, both the old green form and the new one must both be used.

Looks like CP is using these new forms for better "proof of shipment". Guess the insurance claims must have gone up since implementing the $100 inclusion of insurance. I should have more info later tonight, so I'll post it if anyone else is interested.

Lincoln
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Thanks for the info.

For those over $500, both the old green form and the new one must both be used.

That's pretty bizarre! They do know how to waste money.

Ann
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
Thanks for the "heads-up" Lincoln -- I guess we'll all be checking with our local PO's tomorrow to see if they have them in stock. How much do you bet a lot of the counter staff won't know anything about it???!!

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

llee2
Community Member
Here's a preview and a copy of a CP memo that went out to the outlets.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

typical post office.

Maximum 100.00 coverage but they have paperwork if it is worth over 500.00!

Did anyone at the post office think it may not be needed?
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I picked up a few of the new forms yesterday at my PO. They had been issued 'limited supplies' and were only able to give me a dozen.

Lots more paperwork - its like filling in the Expedited forms. I used a couple this morning, but just for the more expensive items that I'd like a paper receipt for.

Ann
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Fantastic. It's about time they actually implemented some way for us to prove Small Packet shipments and their value. I wonder if these can be computer printed...I've worked out a template so I can print directly on the Expedited Parcel labels. Something similar for these new Customs forms would be fantastic.

Thanks for the heads up on these forms. Now if they'd solve the wonderful problem of it being cheaper to ship from Toronto to ANYWHERE in the USA via Small Packet than to ship the same parcel to the house next door, THAT would truly be fantastic. CP has alot to learn from the USPS.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

niko*_*
Community Member
Glad to hear it - I've filed almost 20 claims for small packets and received $$ for none of them. Maybe this will help. I ordered 500 from customer service.

For those over $500, both the old green form and the new one must both be used.
Crrraaaazy.

Also was told if you ship thing oversize lettermail like DVDs, books etc you still use the green form so don't throw those out.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

ellingtons
Community Member
OK, where can I order these forms online? Or do I have to call to get them? The only form online that I use regularly to order is the Xpresspost to USA with the customs declaration. I cant find anywhere to get the Expedited to USA form, the International Air or Surface forms, the green forms or the blue Air Mail stickers.

By the way there are a few other versions of the Xpresspost USA form - one says Commercial Barcode and the other says Commercial Address - if I use either one of these what's the difference, will customers be charged duty or something? They are both one cent cheaper
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

niko*_*
Community Member
phone customer service 1-877-262-5762. You can order online but you need a CC even tho they're free!?
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

great - filled out a few last week. local post office says they no longer have the green forms at all. so now I have double the work filling out the forms with duplicate information as to what is already on the package. I pretty much ship only small packets so this is really annoying. I wonder how those nice long Japanese and British addresses are suppsoed to fit on the tiny spaces they provide?
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

niko*_*
Community Member
I find the same moltencore - either write out the info twice or pull out the old typewrite cause I can't write that small and make it legible. I got 500 and they were on a continuous roll with tractor feed holes so I guess if one had an old printer and the time to set it up, you could do that.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply