New Promo - 1000 free listings by invitation

16 REPLIES 16

Thanks for posting, just what I needed!
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Great timing, my listings from the last promo just ended today!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Really happy to get it as a lot of mine just ended from the last promo also. Thanks eBay!!

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

What are these free listing you speak of?

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@schtupinator2011 wrote:

What are these free listing you speak of?

Only available to those who got a an email from eBay or had it appear in the "Promotional Offers" section of their All Selling page.

I got this invite both through my Promotional Section and via my regular email account (as "List 1,000 items for FREE—5 DAYS ONLY!") but NOT via eBay's message system.

Other times I don't get invited to the party, only eBay knows why...

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Check to see if you received it on your my ebay page or selling manager. Or, click on the link in the first post.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Not invited this time.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Any word on volume free listing for Feb 2016 I have about 1500 items on turbo lister just waiting to hit the button to send

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange when I click that link, it said it expired!!

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Please look at the date of my post - it relates to the PROMO which started on January 21,2016

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

This is a month old thread.  No promos so far this month.  Perhaps ebay will no longer have them.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I use the Promos to relist my nickle and dime junk that is slooowly selling.
This month I've used my Store auction allotment to move a few.
There's a lot less clutter and junk on the site, but I imagine this experiment has also cost eBay a few bucks in fees...
Unless of course they've triggered a stampede for store purchases and their 'free' listings; which I doubt.
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Two years ago, I postulated that eBay would experiment and then move towards a user pay model.

There were a lot of promos last fall going into Christmas. Financial result seem to indicate that did not help a lot. Now, they are doing a no-promo period. I suggest that this will have little effect on financial results.

I "think" eBay is a pay to play platform now.

Photobucket
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I doubt that, I am going to guess that in the coming week there will be a promo.  Lets wait and see............

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Last fall, they were running them about the 24th to the end of the month.

Photobucket
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Theres hardly anything on eBay right now (and thats bad for ebay), sometimes im watching around 100+ items looking for deals, and right now im watching less than 50. Also, i dont believe a pay model will work. They can try it, but there is too much competition and its only getting worse. Sell sites are springing up left and right, -even Kijiji has competition. Most notably, local auction houses have begun their very own online auctions to liquidate those estates.

I havent had any promos in awhile and all its done is forced me to dig in deeper and explore alternatives.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply