No tracking after using guest account- item not received and item ID not found

Hello,

I purchased an item using a guest account, received a guest order confirmation email, and then later a notice of shipping email. The item was due to arrive Sept 30 at the latest and as of October 11th I still haven't received it. It won't let me track the item without signing it- but I purchased it as a guest. When I sign into my actual ebay account that shares that same email as the guest account I used it won't let me track it as I am neither the buyer or the seller. I tried to file a notice of undelivered item but the item ID can't be found. I can't find the original item listing to contact the seller. 

Thanks

Morgan

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Do you have an email with an item number?

This exact question arises at least once a week from other users, and I have never known how to adequately answer it. Another member will take a shot. I'm certain one will be along shortly.  

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Per ebay help pages:

Here's what we found for "Buying as a guest on eBay"

You can purchase Buy It Now items without having an eBay account by using guest checkout. If you want to bid on or sell items, or leave feedback for sellers, you'll need to register an account.

When buying as a guest, you can:

• View order details
  • Track the package
  • Email the seller
  • Return the item
  • Let us know you didn't receive the item

To view your order details and track the item, you'll need to open your order confirmation email and select View Order Details.

If you didn't receive the item, or if it doesn't match the listing description, you've covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

and then this:

Here's what we found for "Can't find item in purchase history"

If you can't find an item in your purchase history, you may have bought it as a guest.

If you bought the item as a guest, you can still review your order, return the item, or ask for help. Here's how:

1. If you're signed in to eBay, sign out to avoid any error messages.
  2. Find your eBay guest order confirmation email—the subject line starts with "Guest Order".
  3. Select View order details in the email.
  4. Enter your email address and access code to sign in as a guest user.
  5. From Order details you can choose to contact the seller, leave feedback, or return the item.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I've had a similar issue come up, a buyer bought 2 items from me and I put both in the same package with tracked shipping, it wouldn't let me add the tracking number to the second item and when I called ebay she said it was because my buyer bought as a guest...her suggestion was to send each item separately, and since we all know how much tracking costs that was not an option.  I said,  if the buyer gets the package I will know she got both items but according to ebay I would not be able to PROVE it.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply