Offer on an unsold ended item, not relisted . Can I accept?

momjade
Community Member

A member has made me an offer for an item that ended without selling. I have not yet relisted it. Can I accept it and should it be a private listing? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@momjade wrote:

A member has made me an offer for an item that ended without selling. I have not yet relisted it. Can I accept it and should it be a private listing? 

Hi momjade,

I don't think you need to make it a private listing per se - I've heard great advise in the past from other Sellers to include the Buyer's User ID in the title as well as the description so others are aware it's reserved for a specific member. I'd relist and email them the item number so they can purchase.

Hope that helps!

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@momjade wrote:

Hi momjade,

I don't think you need to make it a private listing per se - I've heard great advise in the past from other Sellers to include the Buyer's User ID in the title as well as the description so others are aware it's reserved for a specific member. I'd relist and email them the item number so they can purchase.

Hope that helps!

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

In this situation, I relist the item with a Buy It Now at a day and approximate time time that is agreeable to both of us. Once the listing goes up, I let the buyer know what the new listing number is.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply