PayPal: Notice of Transaction Review

I received following email from paypal yesterday.Customer(No Longer Registered User) never complained or contacted me before.Item was delivered 3 weeks ago. PayPal did not reply to my email yet just debited my account (which is normal for PayPal)
----------------------------------

We were recently notified that a payment you received was reversed by the buyer’s bank. A bank reversal can be requested by the bank itself or the bank account holder.

We have placed a temporary hold on the funds until our inquiry is complete.

We are reviewing the bank reversal and will contact you again via email with information on what to do next. You may be asked to provide additional information about this transaction.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

Thank you PayPal team!!!!
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

PayPal: Notice of Transaction Review

You should start immediately and gather your information on this transaction. If you shipped to a PAYPAL confirmed address and you can provide an online tracking showing delivery to the paypal confirmed address then you are covered under the PAYPAL SELLER PROTECTION POLICY. However keep in mind that if the sale value is over US$250 then you also have to have a SIGNATURE.

If you shipped the goods without online tracking proof then you are S.O.L.

A bank clawback is usually instigated by a buyer when they know that the seller is vulnerable because they shipped the item using a cheap delivery method. Also, it could be that the true owner of the bank account used to pay for the item has had their account hijacked by a friend and/or relative.

Eitherway call PAYPAL and get more information as to why this is occuring and what they need/expect from you.

Good Luck!

TIM @ FTL
Message 2 of 2
latest reply