Please help me out with Selling Manager

Hi All: In light of the Fall Update, I have subscribed to Selling Manager. I have always used Turbo Lister, so I am going to have a lot of work to do.

I plan to start by using Selling Manager to create any new listings from here on in.

I like to make my listings ahead of time. I take it the place to do this in "Drafts" Yes? No?

If No, where do I make them ahead of time

If Yes, is there any limit to the amount I can store there. I like to have a lot of listings made up ahead of time.

If Yes, is there any way I can set up a folder system for different categories. I sell Records, Books, and DVDs
If I can't set up a Folder system, can I at least add the category column to the headers, so that I can sort my drafts by category when I go to list them.

That's it for now. More to come I'm sure.
I do appreciate any help you can give me. I have looked through the help files, and not found what I wanted to know.

Wendy

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I have never used TurboLister  but I learned in the "USdollar" switchover that it is useful to keep all your pictures on file.

Because I sell used books, etc. I don't like to use the Stock Photos available through eBay. YMMV.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I have never used TurboLister  but I learned in the "USdollar" switchover that it is useful to keep all your pictures on file.

Because I sell used books, etc. I don't like to use the Stock Photos available through eBay. YMMV.

Thanks for the heads up. I use all my own pictures too, and still have them on file. I certainly hope I am not going to have to reload them all though. That would be a horror story. I have them but my filing system for photos is NOT GOOD. 😞

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Me too, and I have 14,000 photos on my laptop.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Why Selling Manager? It's going away before Turbo Lister.

It's all moving to the Seller Hub.

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/fallupdate16/seller-tools.html#tab=whats-new

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@recped wrote:

Why Selling Manager? It's going away before Turbo Lister.

It's all moving to the Seller Hub.

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/fallupdate16/seller-tools.html#tab=whats-new

Because if I am using Selling Manager, listings will convert to the Hub automatically.

If I keep using Turbo Lister, some fields might convert and some might not. I don't want to find out at the last minute, so I thought it would be best to start now and get things changed over a little at a time. Then when "The Incredible Hub" is implemented it should be a smoother process.

I asked Raphael about this in the Fall Update Thread. If I understood correctly this is the way to go.

So far I would say Turbo Lister is a dream compared to Selling Manager when it comes to making a listing. I don't know how you guys work with this.

Turbo Lister is like a Ferrari when making a listing. It's intuitive, it works, it's fast. So far Selling Manager seems like a Model T. Lots of problems already; Imperial measurements when trying to make a template; Trying to get back to Selling Manager after saving a draft or template; Bouncy screen whenever I choose to remove one of the item specifics;  It's really choppy, and I can't customize the columns of drafts. Quite a nightmare so far.

It was all so good. Then they messed with the shipping labels, still can't print those in Explorer. Now this. I'm sure glad I didn't have to go through the US to CDN dollar change.

Sigh 😞

Message 6 of 6
latest reply