Policies & Procedures

Why does EBay have policies and procedures if they do not comply with them? & why do they have double standards for everyone "depending" on the case?! I know there are laws that are being broken here (as per my lawyer) is there anyway to speak to someone with a little bit of common sense & knowledge on EBay?
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Policies & Procedures

You should ask your lawyer to post here and explain exactly - with full details - what laws, policies and procedures are broken.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Policies & Procedures

I'm told to try to "work it out" with EBay first and let things "finalize" before we open a class action suit against them...time is money to lawyers. I can not venture any further with these comments, but what I can say is In my opinion with my experience it is not safe to sell or buy on Ebay as they do not follow their own policies & procedures. There needs to be an unbiased committee that can mediate certain things. For EBay is losing money and long term clients (both buyers & sellers) with their two faced policies & procedures.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Policies & Procedures

"but what I can say is In my opinion with my experience it is not safe to sell or buy on Ebay"

If you really believe that, you should end your 73 listings - including several items selling for nearly $1,000 - immediately.

As far as class action in Canada against eBay.... good luck.

You have been buying/selling on eBay for six years.  I expect you to understand how the system works by now.

If you want to discuss the type of problems you are experiencing, including your low DSRs (most likely caused by three unhappy customers) we are here to help.  Ask your questions.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Policies & Procedures

My advice to you is as much as you think ebay might be screwing you wait till YOUR LAWYER sends you a bill for nothing LOL ...

Ebay has legal loop holes coming out is ying yang .. They are not stupid and are used to people who don't agree with there system trying to sue them ..

Don't waste your time and move on partner .. Your Lawyer will such you dry till your tapped out then when they know your finally broke to the dollar they will settle for less then anything worth your time ..

Unless your in the US then they will suck you dry but make it worth your time ..

The biggest crooks out there are lawyers...

As per my Lawyer friend said ... We always take every penny we can and delay decisions in court until we know we got every last penny from the person then we settle

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Policies & Procedures

I'm told to try to "work it out" with EBay first and let things "finalize" before we open a class action suit against them...time is money to lawyers.

I think your lawyer is very politely and gently telling you that you have no case and that you would be wasting his time and your money tilting at windmills.

Perhaps she should have been more direct.

What is the exact problem you are having? There is a lot of experience on this board (and others) with pretty well everything that ould possibly happen.

And, sometimes, even we sellers are wrong.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Policies & Procedures

Item arrived very late and paid 22 euro shipping more

Ah Hah! Make sure that the eBay customer service clerk handling your complaint about this neutral feedback understands that the customer is complaining about the Italian postal/customs service and about paying Italian duty.

With any luck, and great politeness to the clerk, this will get the neutral removed and with it the Detailed Seller Ratings that have dragged your selling account into such an abyss.

With those numbers, I am amazed you are allowed to sell at all, even though I don't see any real problem with you as a seller.

To repair your DSRs, which are much much more important than feedback, put some of your items on Free Shipping domestically (and to the USA if you want, overseas is probably too expensive).

This gives you an automatic Five Star DSR for shipping, which will help a lot. Also it makes customers happy, although most realize that all that is happening is that your shipping costs have been folded into your asking price.

Which is most expensive:

A $10 item with $25 shipping?

A $25 item with $10 shipping?

A $35 item with Free Shipping?

Which is most attractive to the buyer?

And perhaps, for a year or so, you should drop overseas sales altogether. You know your business best.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Policies & Procedures

Sooo Now PayPal is informed that the PO office will not entertain my claim unless they get a letter from the buyer stating she never got the earrings! ...(like that is going to happen)so now PayPal has given her my money, my earrings and helped her to get away with it and I have ABSOLUTELY NO RECOURSE!! Can't sue her, can't charge her and I don't get any insurance because of her! And PayPal is letting this happen! After numerous reps from both PayPal and EBay "GUARANTEED" me that I would win this case and not to worry! Actually just the other day ️Jane Ebay - 727718 -states: PayPal will NOT give the buyer my monies.
Once a case is open either in PayPal or EBay, EBay will be the one investigating and if I provide the "tracking number" information and only use my Ebay account messages for correspondence (so they can see them). EBay will close the case in my favor. She assured me that she will be siding with me or the case will be closed in my favor! And PayPal will put the money back in my account from Ebay.

When I asked her: quote: How to avoid "Empty Box" - she stated " put on buyer requirements" (which mine are) and As she said several times. Quote:"Ebay will be refunding you the FULL AMOUNT through your PayPal account or your Ebay account if you don't have a PayPal account. The full amount included selling fees, shipping and the sales amount. I will be be protected 3 ways, seller protection, money back guarantee and ebay guarantee."

When Jane was asked: What if she gets a police report?!
Jane and I quote:"That will not be allowed, because all she can claim is the box was received. But I have a tracking information that says I shipped it. I do not have to worry about that!" She guarantees that I will get my money back...quote:"Ebay will be protecting me from those type of buyers. Since you are a good client we would protect you! And she Guarantees me that I will get my money back!
We don't want you closing your account just because of one buyer!".

She states: "the buyer looks like a fraud buyer! She assured me she would be reporting this buyer and I will get my money back! And Not to worry I'm insured with EBay!"

When I asked her: Why does it say that if you pay through PayPal your only option is to open a PayPal claim! So why are reps from both sides insisting "it depends on WHERE you open your claim EBAY or PAYPAL!" She could not answer!

Really sellers beware this is what your gonna get, policies that are not being followed and lies from EBay and PayPal!

Ps. I just was a buyer in a case that they broke their (EBAY/PAYPAL) OWN rules for....yet again!!!
Message 8 of 8
latest reply