Re-shipping from USA to Canada...just to verify ...American sellers are no longer allowed by USPS to ship magazines in envelopes ?

I knew there were some heavy USPS shipping cost increases.

So American sellers can ship only Priority Mail boxes to buyers up here, even for just a couple of magazines weighing less than a kilogram?

I know  we can still send large size envelopes to the USA without a problem

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re-shipping from USA to Canada...just to verify ...American sellers are no longer allowed by USPS to ship magazines in envelopes ?

oskye
Community Member

Envelopes are still viable for mail to Canada.  And mail does NOT have to be Priority.  This confusion is being caused by eBay's calculator function and by USPS's calculator website.  

The USPS site preferentially shows the Express and Priority Flat Rate boxes as the options of choice.  Only if you look, will you find the envelope and package options, plus First Class prices.

A large envelope can be used as long as it is rectangular or square, can bend easily and does not vary in thickness by more than 1/4 inch.

The maximum content value is $400.

Max. length 15", height 12" or thickness 3/4"

I could find nothing saying magazines now have to go via a box to Canada.  Reference - the USPS calculator:

http://ircalc.usps.com/Default.aspx?country=10054

(Note 1 - mail costs to Canada from the US are far less than International from the US.  Many sellers do not realise this and are quoting a flat International rate.)

(Note 2 - mailing of mags and books inside the US can use a lower price service called Media Mail.  That is irrelevant for shipping to Canada or Int'l).

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply