Retirement of USD from eBay.ca Selling Flows

Hello Canadian sellers,

This thread is open for discussion regarding the recent announcement about eBay Canada retiring USD support from its selling flows. Myself and other employees will come visit this thread and do our best to answer any questions on this topic.

Message 1 of 1,448
latest reply
1,447 REPLIES 1,447

Re: Retirement of USD from eBay.ca Selling Flows

I am Top rated seller for Global and also for USA only....

Suprised to see that the newly online item, in $CAD, on .ca have SOLD 5 hours after putting it online....

waiting for skyrocket sales....lol!

Message 1261 of 1,448
latest reply

Well, you won't have the pleasure of hearing this old lady scream as I tried the migration tool last evening and even though I ran into a couple of "gliches", It Actually Works!!

I've migrated unsold listings to ebay.com and also a few active listings over to CAD and they both worked.  Had to search for a couple of items that were 'left behind' but they finally went to the right place.

I intend to list on both sides so I'm content now that I can move everything successfully and those that don't co-operate I'll just relist manually.

The confusing part I found is that the "tool" brings up unsold items more than once on the 23 pages of items it gave me so I had to be careful to not list them twice ~ just did them in batches.

Message 1262 of 1,448
latest reply

The trs rating does not show up on .com unless you also meet the trs plus requirements which means that your listings have a 30 day return policy and you have to upload valid tracking info within your handling time for at least  90% of your sales.

Message 1263 of 1,448
latest reply

migration tool still not work for me.  I am in direct communication with Raphael for that.

What ever is for "convert to CAD" or "convert to ebay.com" always the same results.  Items show "processing" and there is no drafts created.

However, I start to convert my items manually.  Guess what???   the $CAD listing option doesn't appear in the selling manager pro.  More, CAD items are shows in $USD list.

have no other choice to remake all listing one by one, manually! 

For spa & pool store in the high season, that's was not a better time for that !

Shame on Ebay.

Message 1264 of 1,448
latest reply

I'm sorry to hear that as it is a 'ton' of work for you.

Very frustrating!!

For me, selling craft pattern books, it's no difference any time of year/

Most of the time it's working for me but I noticed if I ask the "tool" to process too many listings at a time, it slows down and sometimes gets 'stuck'.

Hope it soon works out for you.

Message 1265 of 1,448
latest reply

Raphael is in vacancy for the week....very good timing!

For the migration tool, I have tried with 5 items, 1 item only and always the same result...nothing!
Message 1266 of 1,448
latest reply

je1149
Community Member

Migration of USD Listings From eBay.ca TO eBay.com

I have been dealing with eBay Customer Service and making no progress to date. They have created a Service Request - SR# 1-81378485873 but no one in Customer Service can tell me if someone is solving the problem.

My problem is the transferring of listings from eBay.ca to eBay.com, The drafts created on eBay.com by the migration tool are not transferring the listing photos that are on eBay.ca. I am at a stand still and have over 13,000 listings to complete by Aug 3rd.

Message 1267 of 1,448
latest reply

@je1149 wrote:

Migration of USD Listings From eBay.ca TO eBay.com

I have been dealing with eBay Customer Service and making no progress to date. They have created a Service Request - SR# 1-81378485873 but no one in Customer Service can tell me if someone is solving the problem.

My problem is the transferring of listings from eBay.ca to eBay.com, The drafts created on eBay.com by the migration tool are not transferring the listing photos that are on eBay.ca. I am at a stand still and have over 13,000 listings to complete by Aug 3rd.

I haven't used the migration tool so can't offer any suggestions but just waned to mention that your listings won't actually end on August 3 unless that's the end of their 30 day cycle.  So if a gtc listing in US dollars renews tomorrow automatically it will run for another 30 days and then go into your unsold file.

Message 1268 of 1,448
latest reply

"Canadian currency did not have impact on the visibility...."

"...study show increase sales in $CAD funds...."

Really?

Look at the screen capture of some of my items, all putted online on the same day or so.

Message 1269 of 1,448
latest reply

"all putted online on the same day or so."

???

The item listed in US dollars with many sales already was listed on eBay over one year ago.  Because of the numerous sales, it gets higher placement in search results leading to more sale.

It is not really fair to compare to items listed a few days ago and expect the same results.

Message 1270 of 1,448
latest reply

Pierre, you are right....My mistake....  That's make more sense...

@pierrelebel wrote:

"all putted online on the same day or so."

???

The item listed in US dollars with many sales already was listed on eBay over one year ago.  Because of the numerous sales, it gets higher placement in search results leading to more sale.

It is not really fair to compare to items listed a few days ago and expect the same results.

Message 1271 of 1,448
latest reply

Another screen capture of most popular items....see how long ads are online for those items and how precious history sales and watchers are actually losted...

Message 1272 of 1,448
latest reply

All sellers worries about selling in $CAD are currently all hapening to me.

Australian buyers, who have bought 5x $USD cables, ask me to buy keypad with these cables, but the keypad is now in $CAD.

....I also need the 7 function controller which is in a different selling currency....

He don't want to buy it because it is not in $USD...

Tonight, I try to pay my sellers fees (unique one-time payment) because my sold is 233$, over the 200$ to let me put new items online.

Function is temporaly out of service, causing me to unable to put new items online in $CAD, and with non-working migration tool.

I was planning to make new listing all night long but with these bug, I am stocked and I can't do anything!  3-days before the limit date, 

We're sorry but this feature is for eBay sellers to pay their eBay seller fees.

Message 1273 of 1,448
latest reply

Was not able to do payment on .ca and .com

However, it is actually works on .com.au (australia)

Message 1274 of 1,448
latest reply

It shouldn't matter to am Australian if an item is in Canadian or US dollars as they have to convert their money either way.  If they really wanted to pay in US you can send then an sm ice in US through PayPal.

others have also mentioned having problems with the one time payment function...I don't know why.  But I wouldn't think that paying your bill would affect any type of limits that you have. As far as I know those limits are monthly so they should have been reset today regardless.

Message 1275 of 1,448
latest reply

In reply to:

It shouldn't matter to am Australian if an item is in Canadian or US dollars as they have to convert their money either way

Yes, I am totally agree with you.  But you know how buyers are ?  that trx have prooved that even though, customers from whatever countries around the world, prefere to deal in $USD.  I had offered the Paypal solution, both in $CAD or $USD...Guess what buyer have choosed?  $USD  for sure!

I do not have automatic payment method set.  Sellers credit limit is 200$.  I use one-time payment function everyday or every 2-days, by using my credit card, and getting cash back programm (2%).  Instead of using paypal, that will take some fees on the side...+ exchange rate is lower than transferring your money to your bank account.  Approx. 1.35%

Message 1276 of 1,448
latest reply

Some sellers have mentioned that their international sales increased when they listed in Canadian so I don't think that it is a given that international buyers prefer a listing in $US.  They are paying for the item in their own currency anyway. Anyway... there is no way to prove either theory and each seller just has to do what they feel is best for them.

Message 1277 of 1,448
latest reply

"  I had offered the Paypal solution, both in $CAD or $USD...Guess what buyer have choosed?  $USD  for sure!:"

It would have been more productive to offer them to invoice in their own currency;  Sterling for UK, euro for most of Europe, etc...

They would save the conversion and it would be the same conversion fee for you converting from their currency into Cdn$

Over the years I have made a lot of very happy repeat customers by agreeing to save them conversion fees.

Message 1278 of 1,448
latest reply

Hello... Hoping someone could help with this. Under the "Listing Migration Tool", it will not permit me to individually check the items I want to convert to CAD on .ca or move to .com. The only thing it will allow me to do is to "Select all listings". Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks. Lorraine
Message 1279 of 1,448
latest reply

As of Aug.06, my 'GTC items in $USD, still renew in $USD on .ca

maybe extention time to resolve the migration tool bug ?

Message 1280 of 1,448
latest reply