Sellers Can Unilaterally Cancel Orders

I find this so annoying and it's happened to me several times now.

I buy an item listed via the GSP and pay via a paypal money request.

The seller then cancels the order without notifying or asking me.

I have the option of checking that I've received a refund or that I haven't sent payment.

Neither is true.

I have paid and I have not received a refund.

Those are my two choices.

There is no option to deny the cancellation.

If I do nothing I assume that the cancellation will go through in 10 days.

That is, the seller unilaterally cancels the order and gets eBay fees back and I lose my ability to leave FB.

What's wrong with this picture?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Sellers Can Unilaterally Cancel Orders

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

MBG Money Back Guarantee

I wonder if the situation would be different if the seller hadn't cancelled the transaction.

I don't think so.

When the issue first came up I was told that a case was opened for me and that was after the seller had filed the cancellation.

When I realized that nothing was happening I called eBay again and was told that there had been a glitch and the case couldn't be opened because the item hadn't been processed though eBay's payment system.

That is, it wasn't the cancellation that wouldn't allow the case to be opened.

It was the method of payment.

I was still abel to leave FB though.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

"I was still abel to leave FB though."

???

I can't find any feedback left for a seller.  Were you sing a different account?

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"I was still abel to leave FB though."

???

I can't find any feedback left for a seller.  Were you sing a different account?

That was a typo.  I didn't actually leave FB.  I did check and see if I could leave FB if I chose to, but I don't generally leave FB for sellers.

I also ask sellers not to leave FB for me.

Most or my transactions have something to do with the business as I don't make personal purchases on eBay and I don't like my buyers to see that stuff.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

What I have that is quite alike and annoying, is that after I agreed to have an item cancelled without knowing why, and such was confirmed, it still shows up in my "unpaid" items tab, as if I'm some jerk who didn't bother to 'pay up', and Ebay wants me to feel bad.

I also had annoying notifications pop up about paying this "item you committed to buying" thing, despite it being cancelled, and apparently confirmed with a nice big green arrow beside it. I worry it could affect my account or something...and other times it is just so confusing to look at and startles me...I hate getting into issues and it causes me to worry...like it's a bad strike on me even if didn't do the cancellation order. 

My funds were not in my account at the time anyway, so I let them do it, and I was going to order it again with a relevant item together in one order, which I did and paid asap (just waiting for it to arrive now). Though I still wonder "why" it happened too...it's weird to cancel without saying anything, I totally agree.  

Soon after though, I managed to get one of those buyers on my own items that didn't bother to pay for over a week and, however I sent a payment reminder before I cancelled theirs It is annoying on the seller side too, as it shows as if the item actually sold >_>, which it obviously did not since I received no payment.

Has anyone had this issue, where the unpaid item does not go away, even after it is 'cancelled'?

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

@nerdygoats wrote:
... I managed to get one of those buyers on my own items that didn't bother to pay for over a week and, however I sent a payment reminder before I cancelled theirs It is annoying on the seller side too, as it shows as if the item actually sold >_>, which it obviously did not since I received no payment.

Has anyone had this issue, where the unpaid item does not go away, even after it is 'cancelled'?

For sellers: the cancelled item goes away after 60 days, shows as unpaid until then.

Just the way it is.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply