Shipping Oversea!!

cellular-link
Community Member
Hi:
Any of you have any problem for package got lost when ship oversea?
Any suggestion for the cheap oversea shipping.
CP charge 13 dollar for oversea but no tracking and no insurance.....(any other better service??)

Thank you
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Shipping Oversea!!

How do you know it is lost? When was it mailed? I've sent thousands of overseas packages, a couple have been lost a few have arrived very late but usually they show up on time.

$13.00, that would be small packet rate, it does include $100 of insurance.

No there is no cheaper way to ship overseas besides CP small packet.

Ben

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Shipping Oversea!!

cellular-link
Community Member
Thank you Ben:
The customer file the item not recieved dispute so I know its lost.

I know CP is the cheapest way. and the next one up is through purolator. that will cost me 48 to ship.
is there any service in between that has tracking number?

Thank you
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Shipping Oversea!!

shoplineca
Community Member
The next service up is International Air Parcel with $1.20 per $100 insurance and a cost perhaps of $27. After that there is Express Post probably at a cost of around $37. (depending where it is going, and its size). Insuranc to $100 is included. Then there is International Surface Parcel, which is likely how yours was shipped and you can expect 6-weeks minimum for alot of countries, especially around the Christmas season (probably closer to 9 weeks).

As Ben poimted out, you are covered for the 1st $100.

Remember, you get what you pay for. If trying to keeo everything on the cheao for your customer, you may be the one out of pocket.

It is NOT a favour for your customer to give them the least expensive shipping method if you assume all of the risk and expense.

Your customer wants what they bought from you and your responsibility is to see that they receive it and what-ever that cost is to ensure they receive it in an acceptable amount of time without damage, well one of you has to pay the cost for that delivery service.

If you cant ship your products Internationally because of the shipping rates availabe to you, well you just have to get out of that market. I know that I did.

Malcolm

Message 4 of 4
latest reply