Shipping to another country after purchasing an item by using a Canadian address

This buyer used a Canadian address to purchase an item from me. Now he wants it shipped to the Czech Republic. Shipping will be probably double or more than what I set the rate at for Canadian shipping. What do I do now? I believe this is against e-Bay policy. Do I cancel and re-list---please advise me.

Thanks     Dennis  (yarbofarm)

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Shipping to another country after purchasing an item by using a Canadian address

First, send him a new invoice with the Air Mail* and Tracked cost of shipping to CR.

He may pay it. Problem solved.

He may object. Ask politely if he has a Canadian address instead.

You are NOT required to ship to an overseas address for the cost of domestic shipping.

Be firm but polite about the Air Mail* and Tracked cost of shipping.

If he objects politely, ask if he will agree to a cancellation that will free both of you from the transaction. If he agrees, you can find Mutual Cancellation in the Resolution Centre.

Both of you will be able to leave feedback. And he can leave Detailed Seller Ratings.

If he is grouchy, beware.

Put the bidder on your Blocked Bidder List.

Allow the normal four days to pass, and open an Unpaid Item Dispute. Close it after another four days.

Don't relist until you have this transaction resolved.

Politely. -- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

*Never ship overseas by Surface. It's too expensive. Air Mail is cheaper in the long run.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

j44b
Community Member

You may lose seller protection, by sending a tracked item to a non-confirmed paypal address. I would check out that first of all.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Confirmed addresses aren't required for Seller Protection and the address on the PayPal Transaction Details page comes from the address entered on the eBay checkout page.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply