There Should be a rule No Audits 42 days before Christmas Dam Revenue Canada

auctiondropnship
Community Member
There Should be a rule No Audits 42 days before Christmas.

We are extremly busy, infact this is the busiest time of the year for us, this can make us ofr break us. if it's a good Christmas or bad one and they way thigs are it looks like it's going to be a slow one ..I get a phone call they want too see the books for 2002-2003
In figgin two weeks
Auction Drop N Ship
Drop It, Sell It, Ship It

Canada's Ebay Drop Off Store
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

shoplineca
Community Member
Todd
Explain your situation and ask for an extension into January. I have seen businesses get extensions for all sorts of reasons including their accountant being away, their tax lawyer in jail, the wife just took off with your partner to Brazil with all the company bank accounts drained etc.

Malcolm

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

auctiondropnship
Community Member
My wife seems to think it might hurt us to extend ..She would reather us fast the music now
Auction Drop N Ship

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

music now or then?

I went through an audit. Took about 2 years from the time I get a phone call to the time I get through the appeal.

Government agencies are slow. Better to get through the busy season and then deal with the audit.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
Are audits done on personal revenue or business revenue? Or both? I don't have a business (per se) and have never been personally audited, yet.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
shooger
Both and/or either.

The US Revenue Service monitors eBay activity and I have seen many people reporting on the US BOard of being audited.

I dont know about Revenue Canada however as long as you are keeping all your records and reporting your sales and remitting your PST and GST you should have no problems.

If your sales fall below the limits you dont have to report them however you must declare your income from your eBay business.

Malcolm
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

niko*_*
Community Member
Aw Todd that sux. BTW (sorry to bring this up) but I reeeeeeeeeeeally need the link for US manifests. Going across tomorrow to mail packages and I have waded thru the US customs site and can't find it. Can you post the link for me? plz? Tanks. Janet
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

auctiondropnship
Community Member
90% of the sales are too American Customers , so no PST or GST would apply

In fact we should be remitting a form too get back the GST on the item , shipped too an American customer . Because when we imported it . We were charged GST when we imported it

We have no done that with any of the sales on Ebay . We actually paid the GST on the sale even if it went too the American
Auction Drop N Ship

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

rd1000
Community Member
Well you should be in line for quite a refund. TIming sucks, but if they force you to do the paperwork you might as well collect it.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

discountlabelsupplies
Community Member
Todd, just a bit of advice, Auditors have the right to audit ALL BOOKS ON PREMIS. If they happen to notice your Ebay business somehow, they are entitled to dig into that as well. Even if it is a different identity from your regular business.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

auctiondropnship
Community Member
Oh goody
Auction Drop N Ship

Message 11 of 11
latest reply